Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Very unpleasant situation

Hi guys,
Well as you all know we moved house in June to where we are now it's lovely couln't have wished for anywhere better.
Hubby made friends with a guy that has also recently moved into the village,at first we thought they were a nice couple lovely well mannered kids etc,kept in contact with them etc....
We were invited around there house over christmas,everything was fine,had a few drinks as you do,then something as a parents we were very concerned about happened,he was playing with our youngest child Thomas and he was getting sexually aroused and you can guess the rest.Thomas had the sense to tell us as soon as we got home.To say we were angry was an understatement.Anyway he phoned here hubby wasn't exactly polite with him and asked him why he did what he did,to which he didn't answer and became verbally aggressive over the phone,so hubby had a go back at him....
The following day we have the police knocking the door,the police made hubby sign a statement saying he wouldnot harress him.....yet we are the innocent party i explained certain things but kept the other bit private,he was told to keep away from us and everything has been ok till today.........
His son today has threated to beat Luke up at school,he is a year older,all i can think is that his father has put him up to this.
I have tonight phoned the police and told them everything that has gone on including why all this started,hubby has steam coming out of his ears and would like to give his guy a good hiding.The police are calling to see us tomorrow and Luke's school will be informed of what's happening tomorrow.
Sorry about the rant and length of the post but i needed to get this off my chest......
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 08:47 PM
No wonder you are angry, I would be too. You have done the right thing reporting this, people like that should not get away with it.

Thinking of you all. xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2007, 08:52 PM
not surprised sal and if the school is aware they should ensure his safety if not you have every right to take it further esp if the police had given them notice.
also i would look into getting a injuction on him to keep him away from your home and kids etc to be safe.
just stay safe and tell hubby not to re act i know its hard but the more they step out of line etc towards any of you the stronger your case will be if needed.
keep a log of any event and also keep the police informed then can verify you made calls etc through their logs.
the more he hangs himself so to speak the closer he becomes to an asbo and they are took very serious esp if it is adults harrassing kids.

i would ask the school to ensure some one is always watching your son at all times also pick him up from class as this creep could be collecting his boy.....make it clear no contact between them is allowed in any shape or form.

if it doesn't stop contact a solicitor and get some advice!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Why, oh why, oh why didn't you tell the police about what really happened the first time?????? It would have been so much better for your case if you had Sal! Now the police might even think you're making it all up or something when they come round tomorrow! Honestly, truth, tell it like it is every time I say!! This man should have been blooming arrested the night it happened, now he might be made to look the innocent party!!!!!!! He's also had time to think and concoct a good story, he might be well used to having to do that too!

What a terrible traumatic state of affairs for you and your whole family, I hope the police believe your story tomorrow, I will keep everything crossed. Good luck and let us know.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Sal, your children's safety is paramount, as you know, so just do what you have to do. Keep us posted hon. This guy may have been acting this way around young boys for years.....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
he was playing with our youngest child Thomas and he was getting sexually aroused and you can guess the rest.
Sal,
I've just re-read this post. I'm afraid to guess the rest. What happened?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I really am wishing now i had said something to the police when it happened...
I just wanted to keep it private for some reason,stupid i know but it's not the sort of thing you go around telling everybody.
Vicki,from what tom said it was very adult behaviour,i'm really angry with myself for not reporting this sooner,thank god we have brought our kids up to talk to us about anything that is bothering them especially this sort of behaviour.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Take this matter absolutely as far as you can Sal.
Predatory b*stards like this do not deserve to live amongst decent members of society.

Poor Tom - is he ok?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2007, 09:20 PM
sal not sure how you feel but cant you take tom to the police station with you for him to tell them in his own words?
the chances are they will ask a few questions but not alot of him and it will give your case more strength if you think hes ok with it of course.
the fact he can talk to you should make it a bit more easier for him, plus if you give them prior notice i am sure they will get a police woman etc there for him to be more comfortable with the event/story.
just a though sal you would have been shocked at the time no parent would expect that kinda thing but do what you need to now!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I can only guess from your post what this guy did and I'm imagining the worst. If it were me I would have gone for him but obviously in this pc world we can't do that anymore so I would immediately have phoned the police and wanted him charged and punished for child abuse.

You have nothing to feel ashamed of and neither does your boy. This man is disgusting if he's interfered with a child (I'm assuming he did this?) and you should feel quite justified in having the book thrown at him.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >