View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks everyone - some really interesting info there...

Re. the piriton making them sleepy... can I give it Bubble?! She doesn't have allergies but I'd REALLY like her to be sleepy sometimes! haha.

Velvet, I don't know about it being hot spots, it certainly doesn't bother her at all. I'll see if I can find a photo - I know I have one that should've been lovely but instead she has all these horrid red dots!

I've been assured it's dally rash by other dalmatians owners and breeders but dally rash does usually cause a loss of hair I understand whereas it doesn't with T.
I would assume that hot spots would be uncomfortable for the dog whereas I've never seen any cause to be concerned that it was upsetting her.

I'll get her on the evening primrose straight away - we have loads of the stuff for humans here, can I just give her that?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 11:28 AM
My shar pei used to get bumps when we had walked in the woods so I rubbed her all over with doke leaves after the walks and it did help, I used to wake up at nights thinking about how I could get the juice from Doke leaves and freeze it lollllll sad eh ? xx
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks everyone - some really interesting info there...

Re. the piriton making them sleepy... can I give it Bubble?! She doesn't have allergies but I'd REALLY like her to be sleepy sometimes! haha.

Velvet, I don't know about it being hot spots, it certainly doesn't bother her at all. I'll see if I can find a photo - I know I have one that should've been lovely but instead she has all these horrid red dots!

I've been assured it's dally rash by other dalmatians owners and breeders but dally rash does usually cause a loss of hair I understand whereas it doesn't with T.
I would assume that hot spots would be uncomfortable for the dog whereas I've never seen any cause to be concerned that it was upsetting her.

I'll get her on the evening primrose straight away - we have loads of the stuff for humans here, can I just give her that?
yeah, the human ones, I get the 500mg ones. They are the same as the vets prescribe but a lot cheaper! I checked with the vet first to make sure I could give human ones and she said they were the same
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2