Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 08:46 AM

Broken teeth...

So I broke my front two teeth when I was 5 at school. Fell off the end of the monkey bars and smashed my face on the bar that follows. Very painful. Looks like this... two front teeth near bottom...

It also knocked them around so that they are not straight, either. I drink FAR too much cola etc., as well so they are also yellow... resemble a smoker's teeth, but I don't smoke.

I CANNOT possibly afford to have everything wrong with them fixed... but from what I can gather... it won't be mega costly to have the chips on the bottom repaired.

About $200. I can do that probably. I can't afford braces, and couldn't deal with the care they require etc. anyway. My question is... is it worth doing?

I am going to be at an elderly facility twice a week or more now and have to warmly smile and greet many people as part of my duties while there. Otherwise I wouldn't even care at all...

I personally don't think repairing them this tiny amount really does much as they are misaligned, slightly discolored, and big anyway... but was wondering what others thought.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2014, 09:06 AM
It's only worth doing if you think it is.....

I have a similar chip from a front tooth that happened when someone thought it was funny to push a glass bottle I was drinking from into my face My two front teeth also slightly cross.

I'm now 46, I smile a LOT I can't say I have ever noticed anyone turning away in horror at my crooked smile
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Myra, up until 3 years ago I was a practicing Dental Hygienist and I've worked in dentistry for 27 years.

Your smile is beautiful x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Myra - your smile is as beautiful as you are!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure it's worth doing, Imana. Sorry about the bottle, as well. Gosh that surely wasn't funny, at all. Hate when people play lame pranks like that

I am slowly working my way into this new position and want to try as hard as possible. If my teeth were white, and straight, and not "rabbit - esque"... I'd have done it of course without question.

My issue is that I just can't see how much improvement such a slight fix would make to MY overall smile. So I was wondering if anyone else thought it would make a dramatic enough improvement that it was worth doing.

I just don't know. Throwing me for a loop.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2014, 10:23 AM
I can't really see the chips and would have never noticed them unless if you hadn't pointed them out. So I would say leave it. They look fine to me and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Sally
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Myra, just like your lovely singing voice, your confidence needs a wee kick up the butt at times! xx
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Well I took one look at the pic and had to re read what you had said, because I can see nothing wrong just a smiley happy face. I'm sure you cheer all the residents at the care home you visit you don't want to blind them with teeth too shiny white
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Malka, thanks. I just want to try as hard as possible to fit in well here. I guess it's not worth it in retrospect, and might hurt or something to boot. Thanks bugly... I was only wondering if it was worth doing, doesn't seem like it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Wow...I had to enlarge the photo and zoom right in to even see a chip! Your smile is beautiful and I think your teeth look really straight! What's more they look natural rather than the pristine white perfectly straight doctored teeth. But then I'm used to "Brit teeth" ��
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >