Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Think we have a problem

I needed to speak with my vet earlier about a minor question and while on the phone I asked him about Pereg's microchip. Yes they have the number on her records on their computer but it is apparently not registered.

My vet surgery is in town - Pereg was microchipped by the Local Authority Vet [NOT the town municipality vet as I do not live in town] and he is the one who gives the yearly rabies shots.

Her microchip and the rabies shots should be registered under my ID number, my name/address etc. But apparently they are not even though the microchip barcode strip was stuck on her medical card when Dr Vadim chipped her, and even though he has signed her card each year after giving her her rabies shot.

It will be sorted - Tzahi said he will speak to Vadim on Sunday but it looks like Vadim did not send in the paperwork.

I an totally shattered about this - when Pereg was spayed by my vet she was scanned, her chip number was written down on a form for the Ministry of Agriculture, my ID number was written down on the same form, and I signed it.

Now it turns out that her chip number had never been registered and there is no official notification of her mandatory yearly rabies shots?

Yeah it will be sorted, but this just should not have happened. And it was only because I had a minor question for Tzahi that I just put this query in as an afterthought.

Booger booger booger.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
oh that's not clever. Hopefully it'll all be sorted very quickly, but the mind can't help but play 'what if...' games can it x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
It will be sorted - just needs Vadim do sign something, but all these years [since I first adopted Little One] I had assumed the microchip and rabies shots were registered under my ID number and now I find that Pereg's is not?

And the only record of her yearly rabies shots are a scribbled signature on her medical card? Not registered?
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
hmm, I presume that they would be accepted if it was ever questioned, and what is the likelihood of that happening?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
hmm, I presume that they would be accepted if it was ever questioned, and what is the likelihood of that happening?
Vadim's signature on her card is legal. The fact he did not register it or register her microchip when he chipped her is a minor worry which will be sorted, and the fact that she is chipped and now wears three ID tags is enough for the moment. Either Tzahi or Ram will get this sorted with Vadim on Sunday - but it was a bit of a shock to discover that her chip is currently not registered.

What Tzahi confirmed was that if a dog is found loose and picked up by the dog catchers, it is immediately scanned for a chip. If the dog is chipped but the chip not registered they check with all the vets in the area to see if they have knowledge of the dog. And Pereg's surgery have her chip number down on their computer with her medical records so that is OK.

It was just a shock to discover that due to a probable oversight by Vadim, her chip number and thus subsequent rabies shots were not registered under my ID number as I had always assumed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
OK - just spoken with Ram who is Big Boss Vet. Tzahi left a message for Vadim, the LA Vet, but they have not yet had an answer. Ram will chase it up, BUT - if, heaven forfend - Pereg was lost and minus her harness and collar and tags - highly unlikely but still...

...if she was picked up the first thing they do is scan her and would see she is chipped. Chip not registered to me until Vadim sorts it but is definitely registered with [not sure as I did not understand what Ram said] but they will see she is chipped and will check the whatever and all Vets will be informed.

Thing is that strays picked up, not chipped, not claimed within x number of days...

Ram says not to worry. He would be informed IF anything happened, even though as yet her chip is not registered to me. He also says that he has full records of her rabies shots so I should stop worrying.

How can I not worry though?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Done. Phew. Even had a phone call from Vadim, sorry sorry sorry, thought he had done it, all papers signed and he is taking into ??? tomorrow morning [Vadim is Russian and does not speak any English] and Pereg's microchip number and rabies shots will be registered on ??? website as of Tuesday.

Phew.

Now all I have to do is teach Pereg to do what Little One always did when Vadim came round each year to give her rabies shots...

...piddle on his feet!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
UPDATE

Vadim somehow [probably getting his own back for all the years Little One piddled on his feet] messed up big time and this morning it was discovered that somehow last week after both Tzahi and Ram had phoned him he had registered Pereg's chip in my name but for a male dog called "Brownie" at an address on another Moshav.

With a different DOB and different rabies shots dates.

It is currently being sorted...