View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
First bit of 'blame' that's from the pov of the kids that I agree with somewhat, specifically the points about culture and parenting. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14464531
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
First bit of 'blame' that's from the pov of the kids that I agree with somewhat, specifically the points about culture and parenting. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-1​4464531
I can't get it to work Azz
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
it is coming up page unfound Azz.

I wonder where these people plan on buying their next lot of bread and milk in the morning, or their buckfast? lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
I blame it on the fact that some parents let their kids run wild. I blame it on the fact that there is hardly/no consequence to any actions any more. You stole that but it was ok because you come from a bad background, we will just feel sorry for you instead and make excuses for your behaviour.

I'm no fan of Tony Blair but you cant blame one person for the actions of many hundreds of people. HOWEVER, THESE PEOPLE DONT DESERVE ANY HUMAN RIGHTS! When they start acting human then they are entitled to human rights!
Ok, two people to blame..... Mr and Mrs Blair!

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I can't get it to work Azz
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
it is coming up page unfound Azz.

I wonder where these people plan on buying their next lot of bread and milk in the morning, or their buckfast? lol
Nor me.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I think it's time to admit defeat - bring out the water cannons, the military and tear gas! Just watching it on the TV and it's ridiculous, it's gone past the "this is because of this" it's now just fun for them as they're getting away with it. And I'm the same age as these people and I know more than the psychologists about this.. they're using the above in quotations as an excuse..
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
It all totally sickens me - there can be no excuse whatsoever for how these thugs are behaving. I hope that David Cameron gives the police emergency powers to use whatever force is necessary and also make them immune from suing.

I feel desperately sorry for all the shopkeepers and home/car owners who have suffered because of this - I wonder if the rioters have the slightest notion of the consequences of their actions? They all seem to think that it will be the Government or "rich" people who will have to pay and don't comprehend that it is their parents, their friends, or even themselves if they have a job (doubtful I know) who will end up out of pocket when insurance and taxes have to be raised.

I hope that Hereford down the road gains the same protection that it had last time this happened.........the SAS were given some time off, and all piled into the pubs!!! No trouble ensued.....wonder why?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Ok edited the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14464531
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Not wishing to alarm people but i have heard that Oxford is on alert, Cowley Road ?

They should send the army, in fact they should have done that from the start, why have they let it get this far !
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:49 PM
it dosnt matter if they have jobs or not, raised insurance premiums means higher pricing so they will pay one way or the other along with the innocent in this but why dont the police just trace and freeze the twitter and fb accounts and related emails etc, mobile handsets etc so they cant keep 'recruiting' quite so easily? (must be a reason?)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Not wishing to alarm people but i have heard that Oxford is on alert, Cowley Road ?

They should send the army, in fact they should have done that from the start, why have they let it get this far !
Police have been told to use violence and force as a last resort. They're also a bit confused, they used to be police force and now they're a service - meaning they can't use any force..
Page 16 of 47 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »