Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

What's your most embarassing moment?

We've all been there and done something truly shameful where we wish the floor would just open and swallow us up so come on and share the shame!!

I will just add that I'm going to put some thought into this one and contribute later as I'm sure I've had more embarassing ones that the first couple that pop into my head!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I once addressed an audience of 300+ with my skirt tucked in my knickers at the back.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I was once driving home from work in busy traffic when I saw a man who had "obviously" collapsed face down on the grass verge by the road side.
People were looking at him but not doing anything
So I went into autopilot stopped the car in the middle of the road & ran to assist the poor man. I crouched down & touched his back saying "are you alright mate" only to be greeted by a workman laying with his arm down a man hole fixing something
All the drivers that were waiting in the traffic chaos I had caused were laughing as I skulked back to my car cursing myself!!
Though the bloke did say it's nice to know someone cares.
I was soooooooooo embarrased
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I once addressed an audience of 300+ with my skirt tucked in my knickers at the back.

honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I was once driving home from work in busy traffic when I saw a man who had "obviously" collapsed face down on the grass verge by the road side.
So I went into autopilot stopped the car in the middle of the road & ran to assist the poor man. I crouched down & touched his back saying "are you alright mate" only to be greeted by a workman laying with his arm down a man hole fixing something
All the drivers that were waiting in the traffic chaos I had caused were laughing as I skulked back to my car cursing myself!!
Ha ha very funny both of them!!

I dont have ONE embarressing moment!..I have them all the time usually by putting my foot in my mouth....Like asking fat people if they are pregnant and their not, that kind of thing i seem to do daily, lol!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Two things spring to mind, one day when I picked my son up from work, I saw him and as he was on his own I blew him a kiss, and just as I did this his boss walked into my eyeline and looked straight at me

The second was many years ago, when I was in labour with my elder son, I'd had an epiduaral, and they told me they would have to use forceps to help in out, my feet were up in stirrups and I had one of those green sheets over my legs so I couldn't see the doc. when all of a sudden he pops his head up and asks me if I had an enema when I came in thankfully it was several hours later that it dawned on me why he'd asked
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
CLMG...the labour one happened to me as well but i guess they get it all the time, lol!!!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Ha ha very funny both of them!!

I dont have ONE embarressing moment!..I have them all the time usually by putting my foot in my mouth....Like asking fat people if they are pregnant and their not, that kind of thing i seem to do daily, lol!!
I have actually done this, she wasn't fat but the way she was standing she looked a few months gone - it was a mum at our school - needless to say she wasn't very impressed, i would have quite liked the ground to open up and swallow me. I went on to try to placate her but just made an even bigger hole for myself.

The other "moment" was when i was about 19/20 in a nightclub - my knickers fell down round my ankles - i very calmly stepped out of them and put them in my bag trying not to draw attention to myself !
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok, i've thought of one:

Before i finally gave in and got my eyes tested i had many embarassing incidents whilst either as a passenger or driving. The final straw was when i ground to a halt an a main road for what I thought was a chicken that was about to run out - it was actually a bush. That was rather embarassing as the person in the car with me had no idea what i was doing! I now wear Contact Lens just to be on the safe side!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
That is hilarious!! You are funny.

I'm always bounding up to people I recognise only to realise once I've approached them that it's NOT the person I thought it was.

However, my big one was at a school ball. I had a beautiful taffeta strapless gown that I begged my Dad to let me have. I was sweet 16 and felt amazing.

My friend Alison and I entered the room via a great big staircase and being a huge fan of all the old movies I felt like a star, until I stepped on the front skirt of my dress and pulled it down below my boobs!! I was mortified BUT only a few people saw it and they were all our friends. Well, at least that's what I'll keep telling myself!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >