Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 06:38 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 6th April.

Good morning all. Lynn glad things went ok for you and you have agreed on the scattering of Gill's ashes.

Harvey, poor old Casey he is beginning to find it tough to complete the walk. Shame our lovely pets have to grow old.

Griff, that is nice that Steve has been good to you while your parents have been away, well they will soon be home, I think they have had a brilliant holiday.

Have a good day everyone, hope you are all ok, take care, God bless,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Another spring like day here.

Moyra sorry the bungalow was of no use such a shame as I know how much you want to leave the flat.
Harvey sorry Casey is struggling more now. We had this with Ollie different reasons but we like yourself went with the flow and knew he would need to rest more. Dillon is similar some days but his is his joints. It's what we expect with ageing big breed dogs isn't it.
Ridiculous about the potholes.
Years ago they would of been told go fill in the potholes and that would of been all if them. Worlds going mad or rather the people in it as my dad use to say.

Funny day here today coming to terms Gill has gone now and reflecting on the service itself. Very sketchy and so many things missed. Never mind that's done and dusted and have to start moving on and keep the memories alive.
Off out later to get some flowers and wine for Beth and Paul, Beth popped in at 5'ish yesterday to feed Dillon and had some games in the garden and sent a picture. They have been such good friends during losing mum and especially Gill as they know how close we were.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 10:42 AM
They are just heading home...will be back in a couple of hours I guess.
Not sure if to take the dogs out....they will get filthy and I have washed the throws..but they are gonna go mental when mum and dad get back.ahhhhh don't know what to do.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Pleased yesterday went as well as it could in the cirmstances and tat the scattering of ashes has been agreed. As you said time to try and move forward and remember the good times. ((hugs))

Take he dogs out Griff you know you want to

Sorry the bungalow wasn't suitable Moyra and lets hope the next one isn't too far off

Been busy the last couple of days. Out all day to my sister after taking Barry to the dentist as he broke another tooth on Wednesday. This morning as it is nice and sunny we went to a National Trust property so Barry could fiddle with his camera. Teazle and I just mooch round.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Lol...I didn't take the dogs out, my dad has seen my room and I am royally pee'd off "it's alright" I nearly bloody killed myself doing that so he didn't have to!
Sue, that sounds a nice way to spend the day, sorry to hear Barry broke another tooth
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Good afternoon all.

Mattresses all now at tip thankfully. It's a very awkward tip here because it really is too small so everyone has to queue and often wait until the other cars have unloaded. Frustrating, but at least it's out of the way.

That's men for you Kelly. Why use 20 words when 2 will do

Hubby is now getting frustrated because my lad has bought a smart watch. Unfortunately, it's too smart for his dad and most definitely too smart for me. My lad has a habit of buying these things without any clue how they work so they end up here and OH ends up swearing. Worse still is he buys them from the little 'tat' shops so you're never sure if they will ever work. Ah well, another frustration to add to the day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Lol...I used to do that Chris...I was always buying stuff off the market and dodgy stuff in Skeggy....I can't help it
I have been spoilt rotten, I have a new watch, bracelets, keyrings,a gorgeous new Harley Davidson top, chocolates and a wicked moving wolf picture from the grand canyon
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We had this with Ollie different reasons but we like yourself went with the flow and knew he would need to rest more. Dillon is similar some days but his is his joints. It's what we expect with ageing big breed dogs isn't it.
Sadly it is, if the club welfare lady was right and he was 8 when he came here in March 2015 then he must be 11 years old now. He's due to have another ultra-scan at the end of this month. Since the vet quadrupled his Cardiosure doseage I'm hoping that it will show an improvement.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
after taking Barry to the dentist as he broke another tooth on Wednesday.
The last time Barry went to the dentist I also went that week, and today I was at the dentist as well. Is that what you call 'synchronised dental decay'

Originally Posted by griff View Post
my dad has seen my room and I am royally pee'd off "it's alright" I nearly bloody killed myself doing that so he didn't have to!
Ooops, keep reminding him what you went through to do it, the penny will drop at some point, maybe he's still suffering from jet lag

Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Worse still is he buys them from the little 'tat' shops so you're never sure if they will ever work.
Seems a quick lesson in quality shopping is in order
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Evening all of the two and four legged species.
I'm not into the gossip where you guys have a rapport.
I just see the dogsey side of it.

Today was quite busy. Early morning long walk including the forbidden land. Good for spring photographs.

Then I hauled off lots of stuff to the local council tip. While I was loading the car, Max came to see what was going on, stood by "his" door and hopped in. No lead. No instruction. He just knows.

He waited patiently in the back seat. Then off we went to the jungle Like Nellie the elephant.

Home, lunch, and another long walk. He was limping badly at one point. His right front leg. He normally doesn't want much of the touchy/feely thing when we are out on a mission but in this case he seemed happy to let me take hold of the offending limb. It was a thorn which I removed.

I got a brief soppy look and then he was off doing his thing. Smelling blossoms - or maybe investigating squirrels....

[IMG][/IMG]
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
The last time Barry went to the dentist I also went that week, and today I was at the dentist as well. Is that what you call 'synchronised dental decay'

Seems a quick lesson in quality shopping is in order
When my youngest was four, his dad took him to the dentist for a check up. My lad screamed his head off and wouldn't go near the chair so the dentist told my hubby to hop in to show him there was nothing to be afraid of. Hubby ended up with four fillings, my son still wouldn't go near the chair. Hubby has never gotten over it

Quality shopping are two words that never go together where Gary is concerned. He keeps buying, he keeps failing, but no matter how many times we explain things to him, he just doesn't take it in and, of course, it's always our fault the stuff doesn't work <sigh>

I think we'd fill the skips at the tip if I'd thrown all the stuff he's bought that was rubbish into the bin at the same time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >