Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2018, 11:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 5th April

Hello everyone, better late than never. Went to see a bungalow the Council offered us this morning but it was only suitable for one person only. So that was a waste of time.

Lynn, hope everything goes well for you today, I am thinking of you and the family. God be with you all.

Griff, how are you feeling after not taking your chemo yesterday? Hope the bedroom is all finished now. Guess, your Mum and Dad will be on their way home today.

Take care everyone, God bless and have a good day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Hi Moyra
Shame about the bungalow, could a second bedroom be made somehow ? Would really like to think you could get something better than where you are now. Keep trying.

Also thinking of Lynn today, funerals are never nice and she was clearly very close to her sister.

Kelly, I suppose missing one week is OK but please PLEASE don't skip next week

Casey has just come into the study and is positioned stategically behind my chair. He knows it's nearly 'that time' so he ain't gonna move and as soon as I finish my sandwich he'll start to get excited.

See you all latter.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Good afternoon.

Also thinking of Lynn and her family today. I hope all goes as well as it can.

I agree with Losos, Kelly. Keep up with the chemo. You know it makes sense.

Lovely day here today so enjoyed our morning jaunt. Now to wrestle with three single mattresses that need rolling up to take to the tip tomorrow. Reorganised the front bedroom to a double bed from a bunk and a single. The grandkids are too old now for the old set up and the double is better for when Gary is ill and needs to stay here.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Moyra, shame about the bungalow...could you not have taken that and Steve get somewhere different?
I will do the Chemo next week...i am glad i didn't do it ysterday as the tw*t who has bought the house next door had workers in until gone 11pm and another worker turned up at 7.30am...luckily i was already up, i haven't got my new curtains up yet and i do have thick voilles up but would not have been happy to get out of bed with a stranger on a ladder by my window
Mum and dad are in boston today, whale watching ...they get home tomorrow sometime i believe
Spent last night in my own bed and the dogs settled back into their upstairs crates happily
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Hello all
Been off it last couple of days, think it’s a cross of hay fever & a touch of hormones
Lynn thinking of you today & your family. Hope everything has gone as well as it could have
Griff hope your Mum & dad enjoy the whale watching, bet that’s a fab thing to do. Hope the builders next door have nearly done.
Moyra it is a shame about the bungalow. Would have been good for you, could Steve not find somewhere nearby ? Or even keep the place you are in now?
Losos hope you had a good walk

Been lovely here today, dried my washing & Rosie loved being outside in the sun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Evening everyone thank you for the thoughts. It went as well as funerals can and we all went back to the house afterwards nice spread and the boys caught up with cousins so that was nice and lots of chatter and laughter so Gil would of been happy about that.
So proud of my boys very smartly turned out but not in mourning and so supportive along with Gorden.

Michael had a word with Peter about the ashes. Gill had often said to me she wanted her ashes buried in with mum and dad, I said I'm not sure it's legal and i can see me up there in the dark on my todd sorting it.
Peter has agreed we are going to meet all of us and sprinkle her ashes over mum and dad's grave then some on our nans she loved our nan and see if we can pop some somewhere with Angela to. Our other sister who was killed in an accident at 16. They were very close.

Still finding it hard to believe she has gone. Thankful today is finished with now it was a hard day.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thankful today is finished with now it was a hard day.
Just popped in to see if you were back. I can imagine it was not easy for any of you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Been rushing around a bit today and have a headache now

POTHOLES

Not in any rush this morning and had to stop while the workers were filling a couple of potholes. Got talking to the guy controlling the traffic, well it was one of the back roads and we were the only traffic He told me that when the council send them out with a list of which pot holes to fill, if they find a few extra NOT on their list they are not allowed to fill them even if they have spare tarmac on the lorry.

So they have to drive back to the depot and dump the unused tarmac

And we wonder why our council tax bill is so high
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Mandy - "Losos hope you had a good walk"

It was a lovely aftternoon walk but we have to keep it short now. Even so Casey laid down as we were approaching the car park. So I walked on with Lara and got her in the car and then walked back to Casey, he was just then getting up and I was relieved, gave him a drink in the car and he was thirsty.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Harvey it is frustrating isn't it?? both my parents work for the council and both have said they have never seen such a waste of money...totally unbelievable
They are at boston airport now, i have asked mum to see if she can find a bottle of something for Steve to say thanks for looking after me the past few weeks, we were both raised incredibly differently but i am finally having an effect on him...only took 2 years Lol
I swear i posted something before but Lynn, i am pleased things went well today and the ashes...we have done the stealth burial, just dug a little hole at the side of the headstone and tipped them in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >