Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crackles
New Member!
Male 

08-09-2013, 04:14 AM

Weak front leg..shakey

bull arab \ johnson bulldog he is about 13 weeks old has shakey front left leg an is weak on it. he seems to have a ankle joint issue .he seemed to come good for four days but has startd again with the funny leg stance. doesnt seem to hurt him , had all his vaccinnations , could it be his tenden in the foot, leg is still growin. doesnt seem to want to run fully, leg wants to come good as it was good an now favourin or something again. been having this prob since i got him . vitamin c , calcium, i been told might help.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2013, 07:49 AM
I hope it's just a minor injury which will get better. It's good that's it's not hurting him, but it would be best to get a vet to look at it. Are you able to ring the breeder to see what he/she has to say?

Vitamins and calcium etc are of course vital but it can be dangerous to over supplement - I think it's best to feed a good diet which provides everything they need. Again, your vet should be able to advise.

I hope he's well again soon - it's such a shame when the wonderful puppy stage is overshadowed by a worry.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by crackles View Post
bull arab \ johnson bulldog he is about 13 weeks old has shakey front left leg an is weak on it. he seems to have a ankle joint issue .he seemed to come good for four days but has startd again with the funny leg stance. doesnt seem to hurt him , had all his vaccinnations , could it be his tenden in the foot, leg is still growin. doesnt seem to want to run fully, leg wants to come good as it was good an now favourin or something again. been having this prob since i got him . vitamin c , calcium, i been told might help.
Your first stop has to be a full vet check, no pup should be like this and without a vet check you will never find out what is wrong or how to get it better. This needs treating as urgent and serious as it can affect the rest of his life if it isn't dealt with properly. There are many reasons it could be and all will need different treatment.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
At such a young age even if I thought I had experience of similar probs I wouldn't 'advise from a distance'. Your puppy needs to see a vet asap in my opinion.

I'd be worried that permanent damage might ensue if it was not looked at and treated appropriately early on.

You say he doesn't seem to 'want to run'. I wouldn't even be getting him to try to - I'd be preventing him from doing any running or putting weight on it until he has seen the vet and you have the vet's prognosis.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I would certainly get your pup checked out at the vets. Such a young pup to be having problems and it may be worth having his front leg x-rayed to check that there are no underlying problems with his actual bone structure. Good luck and keep us informed.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2013, 10:45 PM
With everyone else here. A shaky leg in a puppy is a serious cause for concern. Do please get him to a vet! If it's nothing, it's nothing, but if it isn't nothing, you'll be able to sort it.