Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2012, 08:11 AM

New Stay Training Book!

http://www.workingtrialsmonthly.co.uk/subscribe.html

Written by my friend Anne Bussey, dog trainer, behaviourist and competitor in Obedience and Working Trials.

This publication is long overdue. More qualifications are probably lost on the stay exercises than all the others put together and so handlers obviously need HELP!

No matter the discipline in which you compete, there is nothing inside which will adversely impact on your competition training. The method is explained with a logical, systematic approach including all the elements required to proof a reliable stay; ie duration, distraction, distance and difficulty.

Each instruction is accompanied by clear, helpful photographs which illustrate the precise point being made.

My one criticism is that no specific mention is made of the pros and cons of the different positions that can be taken up in the down stay ie flat, on one hip, the sphinx. Having said that, this book is firmly focused on the task at hand and, as they say, it does what it says on the tin!

I can thoroughly recommend it to all those who would like to train their dogs to be reliable and stable in this exercise.
LupiLu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the recommendation Smokey Bear, I've just ordered this book. We're having trouble with stays in the ring at the moment although when we're training Phoebe will sit / down forever. Hopefully this book will give me some pointers.