View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Lol Mandy...that's exactly why mum wouldn't say anything...she knew i would be returning from my first holiday in years!! It really does amaze me how these little furballs get into your heart....with me, a human relative is sick i won't come back..my dog or cat, will be there in a flash Lol. I am sure the local dog walkers will know all about it by now, some evil s*ds here were poisoning cats with antifreeze...catching them in snares placed along the top of fencelines and one seriously damaged individual started shooting them!! i get people might not like animals but it's a bit extreme to go round harming them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Hey
MANDY,good to hear you'll feeling okSo sorry about Rosie,poor girlFingers crossed she'll be fineGeez,its lucky Tony acted fast eh?
My takeaway has arrived,be back in a mo
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Ooo take away..tummy!!!
Watching NCis new Orleans....can't believe how much Steve looks like Luca black lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey...long story with my aunties friend but they built a house, the woman next door has a bungalow and her wall is the boundary, she had her windows replaced and deliberately had the solid unopening window replaced to one that opens...now she never uses that room but insisits on opening the window so my aunties friend can't enjoy their garden in private, keeps leaving a really bright light on in the unusued room to deliberately shine in their house...she said she was told she needed a fire escape window council planners have said it is utter nonsense and she is breaking the law by opening the window as it encroaches onto my aunties friends property...so they had a free standing structure built to grow plants on so they can regain their privacy...perfectly legal...thursday we assume her son went round, removed a screw from the structure and opened the window up...so he has trespassed...got in via the brook and hedge, there are foot prints all on the bank and part of the bank has now collapsed, they called the police and then received a solicitors letter stating if the structure wasn't removed by tuesday a contractor will be round and remove it!!! it's on their property, not in contact with hers, she is the one breaking the law not them! i told them to secure the hedge with stock fencing and if they need a hand let me know
Agree Griff, they are perfectly entitled to put a self standing framework or lattice panel in their garden and to grow climbers up as well.
What if your aunties friend was to plant some young Leylandi trees trees on their land, I'm told they grow very quickly (ask Sue our resident gardening expert she would know ) and could give them some privacy and only have to prune the branches every five years so they didn't cross the boundary, her son wouldn't be able to just nip across and chop them down now would he
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
she ate a poisoned biscuit that she found in the field,
OMG that is horrifying, what is wrong with some people I'm glad she's OK and well done Tony being quick to get her to the vets, time is vital.

Also good that you are through the operation, sorry about the pain but I assume that will slowly go, and then you'll be running around and all sorts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i get people might not like animals but it's a bit extreme to go round harming them
Like I say to people, we live in 2017 not 1917, sick society we live in now. Only a small number but they can do such damage and cause such heartache.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
My takeaway has arrived,be back in a mo
'evening Eileen

A takeaway delivery service, what luxory Actualy I did see in our local rag that we can get deliveries here, only problem is there's £50 minimum order and my bet is that it would be half cold by the time they found us

Hope you're all well over there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Moyra dreadful the fence still isn't sorted.
Mandy glad the op is done sorry you are sore. OMG poor Rosie thank goodness Tony got her to the vets quickly.

Had a lovely evening and food with Mark, Lauren and Joel been in about 1/2 hour. Saw an owl flying on the way back.
They really have made that house a home and done the garden lovely all the twinkly lights sparkling when it's dark.
Had a lovely thank you card, bottle of wine and orchid for all the help we have given.
They said we know we have to start paying you back but until then a gift to say thank you.
We knew they would need a few months to get back on their feet properly. Both re going to start looking for new jobs nearer where they live now they have internet. Also when they get time.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3