Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Tex, male Staffie X, DOB 03.12

Tex, Staffie X, DOB 03.12 - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Homing Requirements: Tex needs a training focused family as any pup does. In experienced hands Tex thrives and succeeds in all areas of his life. His family could work part-time as he can settle and be left for short periods. Tex could live with another settled dog. Still a little mouthy when excited so only to live with aware dog savvy children who are able to appreciate his good intentions.

Video: Tex plays with his toy

His Story: Tex came into the pound as a puppy and was homed by them for a short period with a devoted owner who had him off lead and adored him. However, he ended up leaving him for long periods and he had to return him. Tex is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Currently in temporary foster home in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire but coming back to kennels early April.

Advert: Tex ... just send him a Text saying ... “B Mine”! Tex is young and impressionable and with the right guiding ethos he shines through. Without direction he falls into tail spinning, becomes mixed up and leapy trying to engage you but not knowing how. In 3 weeks of being in a foster home he has shown himself to shine by walking to heel, being left overnight and during the day free range with no destruction. Tex indicates when he needs the garden, delights in dog companionship on his walks though can get confused with hyped up dogs which in truth he wants to play with. Super Star!

Tex is a slender frame Staffie X who is small in stature and has still to bulk out as which he will do as he comes into his second year. His eyes show tenderness, affection and engagement. He loves to be stroked and cuddled especially on the sofa. Tex is a 'baby' Staffie who has missed out on so much, but he is delighting in the fun of learning and pleasing.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100 dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Tex is struggling with kennel life at the moment and could really do with a break in a foster home. If you think you could help him please get in touch.

He is still waiting patiently for his forever home to come along - where are you?!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Tex paid us a visit at Saturday's Fun Day and I almost didn't recognise him! He wasn't on our list for photos, but he really has grown into his fur and blossomed in foster - check out the pics further up his thread and be amazed at the transformation! He was very well behaved too and has learnt lots of nice commands so he was easy to photograph ...

Tex is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:48 AM
An update from Tex's fosterer:

"Just a few words to remind everyone about this super little man.

Basically he's fantastically obedient, recall is amazing! Lead work is great as is sit, stay, wait, leave etc. etc. etc. He learns very quickly.

Dog and people friendly although somewhat over excitable on new meetings and house visitors. He regularly comes with me to other homes and, although really excited at first, soon settles.

Totally clean in the house, no separation anxiety and 100% non destructive with anything you haven't given him as a toy and knows off limits areas without having any physical barriers, even when I'm out!!

Very treat focused and always waits nicely for his turn in line when there are lots of dogs to give to.

Waits patiently for his dinner and never tucks in until he's told he can.

Plays happily with all the other dogs in his circle/pack. Or just jogs along beside if that's what's required.

He's never chased a cat, rabbit or squirrel, or wildfowl on the river (they don't even get up when we pass) He's curious about cats, but that seems to be all. I'm not saying he wouldn't chase one running, but I'm sure that's true of a binbag blowing down the street.

I think he could live with another dog easily. They will have the odd spat, but he loves having other dogs here as long as they don't want his ball

However, perfect he's not - he does get tetchy when I'm getting the dinners and it has been an issue in the past although he's improved so much and always fine once they're tucking in.

He doesn't appreciate large off lead dogs rushing up to him and has warned them off, and snapped when they wouldn't take no for an answer.
He chases his tail periodically and gets so worked up I don't think he knows what's what so young children may be a problem for now.

A bit ball obsessed and does covert a football being kicked around the park. He seems to be fine once he's got his ball firmly in his mouth.

A forever home must be just around the corner - surely?

Anyway enough natter: photos..........

Spotted him yet? Try the middle of the picture..

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-09-2013, 09:10 PM
"A pic of Tex and Murphy, before a lovely walk around one of the local woods...

Tex is such a lovely dog, bouncy and friendly and just wants to play! He walks nicely with others, including my grumpy staff".

Tex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Tex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/for...questionnaire/
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Tex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire.
Closed Thread