Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Dog walking wellies

I am looking to get a new pair of wellies but having had less than satisfactory experiences with both Le Chameau and Hunters, am not looking to spend an absolute fortune ... but want something comfortable and good for dog walking, as well as poo picking/stable duties.

I have been looking at the different types of Muck Boots you can get, and am wondering whether anyone has experience of the Tyne type ... which is classed as a riding boot (which could be handy). Would this riding type also double up as a decent dog walking boot?

Living on a farm, I tend to live in my wellies all year round and so they need to be practical AND comfy.

Any views/experiences welcomed.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am loking to get a new pair of wellies but having had less than satisfactory experiences with both Le Chameau and Hunters, am not looking to spend an absolute fortune ... but want something comfortable and good for dog walking, as well as poo picking/stable duties.

I have been looking at the different types of Muck Boots you can get, and am wondering whether anyone has experience of the Tyne type ... which is classed as a riding boot (which could be handy). Would this riding type also double up as a decent dog walking boot?

Living on a farm, I tend to live in my wellies all year round and so they need to be practical AND comfy.

Any views/experiences welcomed.

The choice of boot is really down to the individual; what is comfortable for one person another can find totally unacceptable.

this has nothing to do with the quality of the boot but the last on which they are based.

For example, I cannot wear ANY Clarks shoes as the last does not suit my foot.

I would strongly suggest that the Tyne Boot is not suitable for dog walking. I had a Muck Boot riding boot model and it had ZERO tread on mud.

I have Derwent model it is SUPERB!

However to be honest I prefer to wear walking boots where possible as they give far more support to the foot and ankle.

Aigle are also very good but again if they do not suit your foot they do not suit your foot.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:46 PM
i have a really good pair of wellies, they are navy blue, and are quilted inside, and are really comfy. they are doing well so far, and i wear them to walk the dogs twice every day in, and wear them when i help out with the horses.

and they were a bargain! only £22 from next
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I use Aigle parcours and find them better than Le Chameau,
Im on a farm like you and I like my welles to be comfy, warm in winter and have a good thick bottom and the parcours have this so a good all round wellie, last time I bought them they were about 95€ so I think thats roughly the same in £'s now.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I like my Ariat Wellies

Best boots I have ever owned though were Dunlop Wildlife boots, not sure if they are made anymore though
I wore them everyday for about 6 years, walked the dogs miles in them, rode in them, worked as a groom in them, and did my own horses in them.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Both the muck boots I have had I walked the tred off in no time. I have a pair of ankle yard boots for winter now they have fleece lining and hunters for just wet weather. I have just accepted that I need a new pair every year.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I have had bad experiences with Hunters and Aigle and now have a pair of Le Chameau although I had to admit they don't really suit my foot shape and walking any distance makes my knees ache. At least I am dry!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I have Muck Boot wellies not riding boots and can only only echo what others have said about the lack of tread. They are gorgeous to look at (purple!), extremely comfortable, keep my feet dry and warm but useless on a slippery surface unfortunately.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I have the Muck Boot Derwent type. I've had them for a couple of years and they are still standing strong.

The other types are less grippy. I find the grip on the Derwent ones to be very good though.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:40 PM
I wear boots from Decathlon, they are like snow boots but they have a rubber moulded foot part up to the ankle then waterproof tough cordura canvas type material which does up with strong velcro tabs, they are fleece lined and excellent in cold and wet weather. I've had mine over a year and they are still in good condition and they were under £20.

The other ones which are good are the Cotton Trader ones which are similar to the above mentioned ones, fur lined with a suede leg part they are £ 40 on the website but they sometimes do them half price.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >