Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2011, 12:56 PM

New walking boots advice please

I need some new walking boots and I rather taken with the UGG Adirondack ones. I saw them on Bella Swan in theTwilight film and thought they looked rather good.
Problem is that I have never thought the UGG make was up to much quality wise and as I need waterproof, good quality boots I was wondering if any of you had a pair and could give me an opinion on them please.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Boots or wellies? I've been through so many pairs of walking shoes, including expensive so called unbreakable 'waterproof' ones, that I've lost count. I've given up on walking shoes so far, although I do have a light pair of non-waterproof Regatta ones for summer walking that are just about still standing.

I use my Derwent Muck Boots at this time of year. Because of all the mud, I wouldn't want to faff around with walking shoes and gaiters anyway. The Muck Boots are fab...I've had them for a couple of years now, with daily usage in the colder months, and they are in great condition.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2011, 02:18 PM
The one's I have were very good but, fell to bits yesterday and I am wanting something slightly trendy so I don't look like a tramp if I go straight to the pub after a dog walk.
I have 3 pairs of leather Hunter boots in different styles which are brilliant but they are all knee height so want short one's.
The UGG adirondack are £200 so want to be sure before I fork out that much money.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I like the muck boots or hunter wellies. Both I find great for daily use.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't know about UGGs but Jack Wolfskin walking boots are really good. I have a pair and have walked in the mountains, got stuck in bogs, walked the dogs and lots more and they still look brand new and they are very comfortable!! Also a cheaper!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:53 PM
charlie bought me a pair of karrimores recently and they are so comfy. and do the job
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Off to check Jack Wolfskin and Karrimore site. Thanks guys
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Still liking the look of the UGG's best.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Check out Mountain Horse if you want something a bit more trendy and upmarket they're fab! I know they're for riders, but they do some gorgeous muck around boots!

I'm on the Karrimore "Vibram" waterproof ones atm, and have to say, they're very grippy in all this mud, totally waterproof, comfortable and warm. These were £99 on Amazon reduced to £50 so a real bargain!
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I like Moutain horse but, they seem to start in a size 4 and I am a size 2.5 so, a 3 with 2 pairs of socks is usually ok.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >