Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Max, Staffie, 4 years old

Max, Staffie, 4 years old

His Story Max was owned by the one family. He was lost for 4 months when he was 3 yrs old which prompted them to chip him. He was lost in Oct, but unclaimed.

Salient points Pure breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier. A happy, loving and intelligent character. Mixes well with dogs inside and outside. Needs a secure garden and exits as used to 'roaming' we feel. Recall needs work if ever trustable!

Advert Max is a beautiful boy ... he is just beginning to put weight on and his coat has begun to glisten as have his eyes. He is fostered with a female in Brighton so beach, woods, downs and parks are his playground currently. He has many friends, but his humans are his real pals! He knows to sit, smile and can offer a paw. He smiles most of the time! Max is newly neutered, vax'd, chipped and wormed.

You may have never considered offering a Staffie a home before ... but you'd never regret bringing this man into your life. He'll show you what a charmer he is, have a chat with you in Staffie speak and you'll become his accessory .. Max's owners! We are absolutely charmed and he hasn't let us down. He has done really well living with another playful dog though he doesn't tend to be a player. He has been learning to share attention, laps and made a success of his foster placement as he will his forever home.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-01-2010, 10:44 PM
An update from Max's foster home:

Finally got internet to work so can tell you what Max has been up to over last few days!

Snow was pretty bad yesterday and walking a long the beach just wasn't tiring them out enough so, where could I get to on main roads without too many sleigh runs... Stanmer Park!

Took about 25 mins navigating my way along all the main roads to get there and a few wheel spins trying to get in to the car park, left car in the least likely place to get stuck and out we went in to the foot+ deep snow!

Long line was just getting too heavy in snow so decided to take the plunge and let him off! Yes, no ,yes, no, OFF! Eeek hope he comes back...

After a few reminders to the ever so treat motivated Max that the sweeties were in MY pocket which means COME BACK when I call, he was off. He ran and ran and ran and sniffed. It was great to see him have a proper run and he actually played a little with Ruby. He went a bit too far for comfort and didn't come back till the upteenth time I called and shouted 'treat' BUT he did come back, result!

I put him back on for a bit and let him off three times so he got used to coming back and being rewarded. He only really ran off once, I ran after him (not easy in the snow) and found him in the woods with his head and front paws down a rabbit hole. I tugged on the trailing lead and he pulled out, head covered in soil looking shocked, ''Oh there you are, what do you mean you were calling me?!''

He had a really good run and lots of fun in the snow this time. Very pleased and proud of him for coming back.

Wow, soo much snow and space

If I run on the spot will you let me off?

I'm freeeeeeee! Ooh foster mum has treats, better run back quick!

Alright, alright Ruby, we can have a quick play.

I wonder how far I can run before I get in big trouble...!

All that running and fun was hard work, time for a nap.

Im awake! What's for dinner?????
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 12:40 AM
he is gorgeous! i really hope he finds a great home soon, he deserves it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
What a cracking boy! Hope he finds a brilliant home really soon x0x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Max Max'd out! He found his forever home
Closed Thread