Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Asher, Staffie x, 8 years old

Asher, Staffie x, 8 years old

His Story: Homed via Battersea 7 years ago as a 9 month old dog. Lived with a young couple who passed him on to their parents. He has lived happily with them for the last 6 years. Mixed with all their grandchildren and coped well with being left. Daughter now going back to college so mother is child minding her baby grandchild and although Asher has always been brilliant with the children she is nervous from the recent press coverage so they have placed him in rescue.

Salient points: An 8 year old Staffie brindle with white socks. Good with people & children. Meets dogs well, but not over interested, not a great mixer with dogs. Lovely gentle vibe, a dog who has been a model dog with people and children including toddlers. Only pet status. Not for cats. Used to kennels for holidays.

Advert: Asher is in stunning health at 8 years old and has a really nice energy and is friendly with people and children. A kind dog who has been around children of all ages and welcomes visitors. He may have a touch of English Bull in him. Travels well in the car once he settles. Walks wonderfully on a lead. Doesn’t really want to know dogs. He doesn't like fireworks and 'not for cats'. So only pet, great with children and people.

Asher was living with a middle aged couple providing him with a comfortable lifestyle inclusive of daily long walks. He is neutered and fully vaccinated. Lovely kind dog who needs a retirement home in words, but he certainly isn't ready for retirement! Not a dog to be off the lead, just happy to walk beside you passing the time. He is used to being left during the day for 6 hour spells. Loves to sunbath. Easy to manage generally, but not for dogs or other pets. He is part of his human pack. Currently kennelled in Gatwick, Surrey.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Asher had a lovely run around the paddock, then a short walk along the field. He has the solid feel of a labrador. He is fun and a truly fab. dog. Beautiful colouring and in such wonderful condition.

You just know this dog is going to make a wonderful family's dreams come true. Lets hope he is sitting down to Turkey with all the trimmings this time next month. He deserves it!

He is still waiting for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
An update by one of our lovely volunteer kennel walkers:

“Asher is such a distinguished character. We went to lunch together today which met with his approval, but going back again was another thing! I persuaded him that I wasn't going to go back in the pub and headed home! )

Not the best pictures, but they do show his character”.

Surveying the world:

Aren't I sprightly for my age?

I do a lovely sit.

I love cuddles
Closed Thread