Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-09-2009, 12:06 PM

Tia (Maria!), Mastiff x DOB ?04

Tia (Maria!), Mastiff x DOB ?04

Her story: Tia was found wandering in a park supposedly, but when a rescue went round the home, 'finders' were recognised as a local breeder of Mastiffs so concluded Tia had come to the end of her economic usefulness!

Salient points: Ex-breeding Bull Mastiff (?x). Hasn't had a life devoted to her needs; currently coming out of a 'false pregnancy' with milk still evident and over weight (Sept). Proven with children. Good with most dogs, but needs confident handler to get her over her excitement when seeing a few. Could live with dog friendly cats.

Advert: Tia Maria is the sweetest dog. She is placid and welcoming to all approaches. She is middle aged and although she hasn't grasped it yet, she is on her way to gaining a life of fun and enjoyment. We are loving having her with us and she has moved to our Hampshire kennels to enable her to have regular walks and cuddles whilst she sits out her 'Rescue' phase of life and moves through into her 'Fun' phase. She has just been spayed. She is just going through a course of vaccinations.

Tia has captured our heart. She also captured the heart of the rescue to which initially went out to her (ARC) who have sponsored all her care and kennelling which leaves us with the role of finding her forever home. We are sure that won't be long. She is "a natural gentle dog" in so many areas, just hasn't been formally walked on a lead. She was briefly homed, proved herself in all areas except she can be picky with other dogs so found not easy to manage together with a pushchair for an inexperienced dog owner. Tia is so lovely and she is gaining input now and will soon find her home ... and there will be smiles around.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Here is an update on Tia from Lynne who walked her yesterday …

“Well Tia took me for a walk today in fact a trot. She wasn't quite “bat out of hell' but she was keen and apart from the occasional backward glance .. enjoy her walk she did. I thought I'd take her for a shorter walk but she passed my 'stopping point' with no signs of stopping so then worrying about whether she would find it difficult to return I gave her a further 10 minutes, but still unsure whether it should have been 10 miles!

Everybody loves Tia! She is a heart melter!

Only photo before my battery died looks a bit a though she is caught in the head lights sorry Tia"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-09-2009, 09:53 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers on Tia:

"Tia is a big sweetie. She's lost a bit more weight, and can walk a lot further now. She always starts off at a trot, and after about 5 minutes, slows down to a good steady pace. She seems to walk with a purpose and nothing much distracts her. Today we walked for about an hour in the woods and negotiated a few gentle hills and she didn't struggle at all. In fact, I think she could have carried on for a bit longer. We walked her with Stanley and they came nose to nose a couple of times and neither batted an eyelid. When I left her she was flat out on her bed eating a chew. Lovely girl".

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 09:58 PM
awe shes soooo my cup of tea, hope you find her a great home soon, she looks such a softy
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 10:01 PM
what a gorgeous girl, really hope she gets a home soon xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Another lovely girl - hope she finds a forever home soon x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“Oh we got a lovely greeting again today -

So full of joy and so much love to give - oh, the way she
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
she is gorgeous! her story is sad thats horrible, just getting rid of her like that
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:20 PM
An update on Tia from one of our walkers:

"So pleased to see Tia back to her churpy self today - mature, young - Tia doesn't care, she just loves everybody -

How many know the signal of 'hand in the pocket' - Tia does"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-10-2009, 10:01 PM
An update on Tia from Karen, one of our volunteer walkers, today:

Darling Tia - a day of high drama today!

Tia was found collapsed in her kennel this morning. Luckily the kennel staff acted fast and Amy carried her to her car and sped her to our vets. I diverted straight to the vets on the way back from dropping Tara off. When I arrived things were looking bleak and the vet didn't really expect that she could pulthrough. After speaking to the vet and liasing with Dee on the phone, I went to sit with her in her crate. She gave me a tail wag and tried to tell me all about it. Slowly as we waited she started to recover the colour in her eys, gums and nails. When the tests results came back, much to everybody's amazement, they were clear.

Something happened to lower her blood pressure to dangerous levels - perhaps a shock of some kind or perhaps poisoning of some kind, like eating a frog. She was thoroughly checked over and her spleen was fine too.

We stayed at vets for some time to check that she wasn't going to relapse again and she even ate a whole bowl of food. On her return to the kennels she was given such a rapturous welcome by everybody as nobody thought they would see her again and everybody who has met her just loves her to bits.

I cannot tell you how hard it was to leave her there tonight She is crying out for a home and really needs it now. She is such a wonderful dog and many tears were shed for her today - nobody wanted to lose her

She is going back to vets again on Tuesday for a follow up.

I can't put into words what it was like today.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >