Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:57 AM

Sofa shopping

I went sofa shopping yesterday I've found a lovely leather suite from Land of Leather, so i asked the man in store 'how long until delivery' he said, 11 weeks

I came home and looked online and noticed i can have a free set of pillows and a throw with this suite, so i e-mailed head office to ask if thats the same offer instore, i got a reply back this morning saying i can have the suite in 14-16 weeks

But i love it that much, i've ordered it and i'm gonna have to wait up to 4 months for it.

At the moment i dont have anything to sit on, cause i gave my leather suite away...thinking i would go sofa shopping and not have to wait to long for delivery
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:10 AM
My sister bought her suite from Land of Leather, she was told 16 weeks, BUT by the time it arrived it was more like 26 weeks.....sorry

But saying that, it was definitely worth the wait
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Delivery times from big shops are absolute rubbish aren't they We ordered a wall unit on the 3rd May from a local family run business and was told it would be 6-8 weeks anyway it was 8 weeks and I hadn't heard anything so I phoned them up and they phoned the manufacturers and they said it was going to be the end of July now which would make it about 12 weeks or more I think that they should be made to right down the correct delivery times and stick to them cos it's really annoying isn't it
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I bought a beautiful leather suite from Land of Leather and was told 14 to 16 weeks. After 12 weeks I rang to see if the could give me a definite date. They told me they would give me a weeks notice. I wanted to get rid of my existing suite and decorate the sitting room. A week later got a phone call to say it would be delivered tomorrow

Hubby and I broke our backs decorating the sitting room in one day

Doesn't make you feel any better I know. Sorry
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I have bought a leather corner unit from Land of Leather I ordered it at the end of May and was told it would be delivered early August. After reading these posts I have to say ... maybe yes and .....maybe no.....I shall just have to wait and see. It si a nice Suite so like the others I am just hoping it will be worth the wait. I will let you know when it arrives.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:57 AM
i brought a corner leather suite from dfs it took 12 weeks to deliver
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Wow I'm glad I had my sisters old leather suite now - I would have died having to wait that long for one (Actually its old but it looks really new if that makes any sense )
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Ours arrived from DFS in 8 weeks, thankfully we were ready, had already 'rehomed' the 2 seater and armchair, so it was just the 3 seater that went the night before, it was fun all 6 of us sitting on the floor watching TV
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I've been down the shop today, and he said i will have to wait atleast 12 weeks It'll be the middle of September before i hopefully get it.

If i haven't heard anything in about 10 weeks i'll go down

He tried all roads to sell me extra cover on it, i said No it's o.k i have home insurance, but he wasn't having any of it Neither was i

I wouldn't mind waiting, but i dont have anything to sit on LOL, i knew i'd have a bit of a wait, but not this long

I was going to order one from Argos, but you dont get to sit on them first.....and their delivery times are 35 days
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Wow I'm glad I had my sisters old leather suite now - I would have died having to wait that long for one (Actually its old but it looks really new if that makes any sense )
It's lovely Foxy My last sofa was similar but in cream, i just fancied a change this time, so i've gone for chocolate leather
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >