Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Parents

Inca's post about bogus workmen reminded me of this and I thought it might make you chuckle.

Last Autumn my Mom and Dad who are in their late 70's had someone knock on the door - selling carpets from a white van - Mom thought they were odd and Dad sent the bloke packing. They phoned my BIL who came down immediately and then made them phone the police.

When the police came the constable said "This group are targeting elderly people" Dad said "That's a shame, so why did they target us?" the policeman looked at my BIL who shrugged his shoulders and tried not to laugh.
And my Mom equally as blank as my Dad on why they were targeted said "Oh I know maybe Ray opposite is out"
"Ah yes that will be it officer Dad said, the old chap opposite must have been out"
Now Ray had been retired about 2 months and was just 65 when he retired therefore younger than both my Mom and Dad.

Karen
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Inca's post about bogus workmen reminded me of this and I thought it might make you chuckle.

Last Autumn my Mom and Dad who are in their late 70's had someone knock on the door - selling carpets from a white van - Mom thought they were odd and Dad sent the bloke packing. They phoned my BIL who came down immediately and then made them phone the police.

When the police came the constable said "This group are targeting elderly people" Dad said "That's a shame, so why did they target us?" the policeman looked at my BIL who shrugged his shoulders and tried not to laugh.
And my Mom equally as blank as my Dad on why they were targeted said "Oh I know maybe Ray opposite is out"
"Ah yes that will be it officer Dad said, the old chap opposite must have been out"
Now Ray had been retired about 2 months and was just 65 when he retired therefore younger than both my Mom and Dad.

Karen
Aw Jazz - sounds just like my parents.
:smt049
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Awww bless them kazz! sounds like my neighbour!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Mind you the police came back later to ask Dad something - and Mom said "Oh hold on a minute I'll have to go get him he's out playing" and he was he was at that time tied to a lamp-post with Louis and Taylor (my brother's children) and Sophie (sisters daughter) and he and Louis were cowboys the girls and their friends were the indians and they had captured them and had tied 'em to the totem pole (ie the lamppost) what can you do with them.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Parents huh? they sound great kazz!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Do you'd want 'em Gems you'd be welcome to them

Free to good home.......there again if they went who but Dad would crawl around the floor being Mr McGreggor playing Peter Rabbit and build tunnels out of sheets for Molly? and who but Dad would help Louis build things? and who but Mom would teach them all how to bake? And no one but Dad knows the rules for "cheats poker" and Mom - parted from Katie and Taylor now they've learnt to knit. And play Dad playing duets with Sophie on the organ? Hmmm maybe they had better stay here a while,
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Lol i think soo too kazz! wouldnt want to steal Mr McGreggor away from his crawling duties!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2005, 04:35 PM
arh bless em,what till your that age!
mind you they do make you giggle.
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 04:51 PM
My grandad never liked getting on the bus in the mornings coz it was full of old folk. He was 92 at the time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 05:00 PM
My great Aunt Nellie was 103 when she died and lived from about 80ish in a retirement home (their own flats) with a warden etc. Up till 3 weeks before she was taken in hospital and died she was still collecting the "old people'd pensions> she was 102 and the old people were in their 60's,70's and 80's none in their 90's then.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >