Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Red Arrows

I have just spent half an hour in a howling gale to take these pictures. David Bailey eat your heart out!

Why do I do it when I moan about the cost, our carbon foot print, the pollution and the fear caused to wildlife and dogs?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 06:30 PM
because you love them really?

Great pics - not sure what they were doing in the 2nd to last photo though - were they trying for a completely random pattern?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
because you love them really?

Great pics - not sure what they were doing in the 2nd to last photo though - were they trying for a completely random pattern?
Lol there were probably 3 more out of shot but I put it up cos it showed the red well
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2009, 08:05 PM
You're getting really good with that camera Jenny and the I always get great pleasure in seeing the Red Arrows. It was one of my boyhood ambitions to be an RAF pilot but I failed the medical, (eyesight )
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I love the Red Arrows! They quite often do a fly-over on the Family's Day that Rich's Air base hold. I mean the air base he works, obviously it's not his airbase!!

We recently watched a programme that followed applicants for the Red Arrow team and it was brilliant.

Sure they increase our carbon footprint, make a lot of noise and cost a bit of money but they are one of the few things left we can actually be proud of and call a credit to our country!!

Fab photo's Jenny, thanks for sharing!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 12:47 AM
They were here a few weeks ago at an airshow, the kids my fiancee and I watched them from the balcony, but I didn't get any pics. Well done
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Lovely pics
Adore the Red arrows!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You're getting really good with that camera Jenny and the I always get great pleasure in seeing the Red Arrows. It was one of my boyhood ambitions to be an RAF pilot but I failed the medical, (eyesight )
Thanks. Pity you failed the medical, I can somehow see you with a handlebar moustache and goggles

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I love the Red Arrows! They quite often do a fly-over on the Family's Day that Rich's Air base hold. I mean the air base he works, obviously it's not his airbase!!

We recently watched a programme that followed applicants for the Red Arrow team and it was brilliant.

Sure they increase our carbon footprint, make a lot of noise and cost a bit of money but they are one of the few things left we can actually be proud of and call a credit to our country!!

Fab photo's Jenny, thanks for sharing!
They are a great crowd puller aren't they? They terrify me, how close they get and how they seem to plummet almost to earth.

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Thank you

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
They were here a few weeks ago at an airshow, the kids my fiancee and I watched them from the balcony, but I didn't get any pics. Well done
They flew over us twice this week. Once for Toquay regatta and last night for Dartmouth regatta. At Dartmouth they fly down the river through a very narrow valley

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Lovely pics
Adore the Red arrows!
Thanks Pat. I adore them too really
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I can somehow see you with a handlebar moustache and goggles
Oh that's lovely (Not sure about the moustache but I've got the googles, sadly not the type Biggles would wear 'tho )