Our sister sites
donnamarch18
New Member!
Female 

16-10-2009, 03:12 PM

could my bitch be pregnant?

hi
im looking for a bit off advice
my bitch got caught just the end off her season we have done so well to keep them about but accidents do happen.
its been 5 weeks now and her tummy is becoming bigger and her mood is changing.
we took her to the vet who suggested that she could be or it was just feace she could feel.
im taking her for a scan on monday but just wanting the advice to see if she could be. i know this sounds disgusting as well but her bum hole is getting swollen, i took her for a urine sample and she had protein in her wee. what are the other signs of pregnancy?
thanks donna
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Accidents happen when owners become irresponsible.
If you knew she had been caught why did you not take her to the vets straight away and have a mis-mate??
It is very likely that she could be pregnant! There are many signs that a bitch can show when in pup. But all bitches are different!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 12:40 PM
She could be in whelp, I had a bitch who only caught on her 31st day or later, However it is quite likely a phantom as many bitches appear in whelp after a mating even if they are not. I'd wait & have her scanned. After all there's nothing you can do now either way at the moment. Bitches are like humans, each is different. Most of my bitches the major difference was in their mood but thereagain I had one where you could not tell at all till she was nearly 8 weeks gone.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Really you will have to wait for the scan, but treat her in the meantime as if she is just in case, I wont go into the lack of responsibility now because it may be too late, but if she is not pregnant, maybe you can count your lucky stars, and possibly get her spayed to prevent "accidents" happening in the future?

Mo