Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've got Dulux Mellow Mocha on the walls, Taupe in the two recesses and Dulux Simply pearl on two other walls by the brick fireplace, it goes fantastically well together, in fact, these 3 colours were in a picture in their brochure, and that's why I chose them. I got a bit carried away though, and the entire house, including bedrooms is all the same colour (except the kitchen of course!).

I'm getting bored with it now though, been 4 years, but it's a very big house and I can't be a*sed!
ooooh i just picked up a tester of Mellow Mocha for a bedroom, do you think it would go with a kind of duck egg blue? truth please , coz i havent bought the paints still deciding on colours i dont think it will go, my sister thinks it will.

Sorry to go off topic.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 09:40 PM
cream and gold wallpaper, cream leather sofas, cream rug....very cream
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 09:40 PM
3 walls primrose lemon, the reccess's either side on the chimney are a pale pastal green, same with the inlay of the window which outlooks into the kitchen.
The actual chimney breast is papered, brown backgrown with lemon chinese type flower&stem travelling up (almost Jasmin looking)
Coving and ceiling are white same as the paintwork and rosewood colour laminated flooring. As our house is over a hundred years old built 1889 we have kept it in a style that compliments the house, we have a stove burner in the fireplace and victorian tiles either side. We;ve just put back in the victorian type cupboards in the reccess's and have a 3 seater brown leather sofa and a 2 seater, rug and coffee table....Oh! and Im mad about smelly candles...often sitting in candle-light instead of the lamps...I hate big lights
We're lucky our house is very deceiving it fools everyone it looks small on the outside but its big inside. As our dining room is through the otherside of the living room thats Clotted cream colour with curtains and a flower decor on the dining table to pick up the Primrose lemon in the living room. I love our house just wish I could pick it up and move it to the countryside
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Brown and cream here too! I have just repapered the walls, and painted 3 of them. I dont like "in yer face" colours.

There is nothing at all wrong with your house Pidge. Looks smart, clean and well looked after.

(remarkably free of dog hair too!)
Thanks, but I think that's it. It's a new build and so it is smart and clean etc but I want somewhere that looks cosy and lived in now.

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Mines cream walls apart from fireplace wall which is in textured brown wallpaper (looks a bit like bark), wooden floors, chestnut coloured leather sofas (yes i know boring brown but it goes with most colours) and moss green accessories with some bronze ones as well and moss green chenille cushions and some smaller cushions with brown and green stripes on. Cream linen curtains at the moment and wooden slatted blinds. Big rattan ball ceiling light, heavy rustic pine furniture, the kind with the metal rivets and aged wood, oh and some bronze coloured metal artwork on the walls.

Pidge your ideal lounge is similar to mine, i'd love an inglenook fireplace and beams, an old cottage with flag stone floors and lots of lovely rugs.
Oh I know, what a dream it would be!

Originally Posted by Tori View Post
ooooh i just picked up a tester of Mellow Mocha for a bedroom, do you think it would go with a kind of duck egg blue? truth please , coz i havent bought the paints still deciding on colours i dont think it will go, my sister thinks it will.

Sorry to go off topic.
I found this when I googled mellow mocha - http://www.dulux.co.uk/products/feat...eadowsweet.jsp - looks great to me!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
3 walls primrose lemon, the reccess's either side on the chimney are a pale pastal green, same with the inlay of the window which outlooks into the kitchen.
The actual chimney breast is papered, brown backgrown with lemon chinese type flower&stem travelling up (almost Jasmin looking)
Coving and ceiling are white same as the paintwork and rosewood colour laminated flooring. As our house is over a hundred years old built 1889 we have kept it in a style that compliments the house, we have a stove burner in the fireplace and victorian tiles either side. We;ve just put back in the victorian type cupboards in the reccess's and have a 3 seater brown leather sofa and a 2 seater, rug and coffee table....Oh! and Im mad about smelly candles...often sitting in candle-light instead of the lamps...I hate big lights
We're lucky our house is very deceiving it fools everyone it looks small on the outside but its big inside. As our dining room is through the otherside of the living room thats Clotted cream colour with curtains and a flower decor on the dining table to pick up the Primrose lemon in the living room. I love our house just wish I could pick it up and move it to the countryside
That's so nice that despite the location you love your house so much. I can't wait to find the house that I ''love'' like that!
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Anything wipeable!!

With three kids two dogs and a full time job it has to be!!

I used to have light colours then i realised it just didn't work (about the same time i realised grass doesn't work either!! )

I love the wall paper but i know the curtains dont go! i was hoping to achieve the "different textures warm the house" theme but as you can see i am no designer!!" Thats the only wall papered, not sure if you can see but the other walls are a greeny colour xx
Found one with Sammy (RIP Baby) in xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Thanks, but I think that's it. It's a new build and so it is smart and clean etc but I want somewhere that looks cosy and lived in now.

Oh I know, what a dream it would be!

I found this when I googled mellow mocha - http://www.dulux.co.uk/products/feat...eadowsweet.jsp - looks great to me!

That's so nice that despite the location you love your house so much. I can't wait to find the house that I ''love'' like that!

We both do, being so old its a warm cosy house with a much lived in feel. I know we are extremely lucky that we have large rooms and a huge kitchen and bathroom. Thats where we are spoilt though as we have looked at other properties and they do not have those qualities
Whenever we find a huge kitchen the bathroom is tiny or visa veras, and the rooms are not as big (ie living room, dining room etc) so with so many dogs/animals we would feel hemmed in One day though we'll find that place and the fields will be overlooked
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Ours has two cream walls and two coffee coloured walls. The carpet is brown (and horrible, previous occupants choice!) and the sofa is also brown.

I quite like the way it looks at the moment but I'd love to change the carpet. We've thought about doing it a couple of times but it's a logistical nightmare to move all the furniture out!!

I sometimes think about redecorating as well but never see the point as I know I'd end up picking virtually the same colours again. I'm not a fan of big and bold colours so most of our house is decorated in pastel shades then jazzed up with pictures and stuff.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:28 AM
we have a large living room diner and after 5 years its in need of a paint.

we have 3 brown walls, one large magnolia wall which runs full length, and 2 blue walls as there is a bit that juts out...hard to explain...

wooden floor and magnolia woodwork, brown leather sofas and brown rug.

I would like to get rid of the blue as bit bored of it now, and go for red accents instead but i have no time to paint it and think will wait until Lola is past the smearing walls stage !! Lol
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Sounds lovely. I love the paper, it looks very Chinoiserie, which I adore (J'adore ;o)

I think the trouble I have is that my taste is country cottage/vintage but my house is modern new build so I never feel satisfied.

I dream of this type of living room -

But it's hard to achieve when all you have is this to work with -

Maybe I just need a new house ;o)
No you dont,
Why not just tone down the walls a bit, stark white is very clinical, (they look white) some form of cream,

Ringwoold ground (farrow and ball) just an example, you can use any other makes, as these are expensive, but I love the tones of colour they give

Sorry link wont work.
http://www.farrow-ball.com/pws/clien...ium/102003.jpg

You can then add colour to with accessories. try a striped/ checked curtian rather than a plain one, will give you more warmth.

Just an example
http://www.lauraashley.com/curtains+...urtains-guide/

OR..

something like this..

http://mto.lauraashley.com/media/fab...um/3468792.jpg

then you can pick out one colour and use with scatter cushions, maybe even a patterned rug, that will bring warmth into your home, you can add colour onto your walls with large paintings too.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm desperate for wooden flooring throughout to be honest but I worry about Woody's joints when he gets zoomies, it's bad enough on that bit in the hallway (as yes I know most of you know ;o)

I just think it makes a house look so clean and neat with wooden flooring and a big rug.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »