Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:37 AM

Bailey's Second Acupuncture Session

We've just got back from the vets and she is thrilled with his progress already.

When we first got there she asked me if I had noticed anything, I told her that he seemed very unsettled the first night but that last night he was upside down on the sofa, legs in the air, doing rolypolies and making such a racket where he was enjoying himself, I can't remember the last time he did that. She thought that was a very good sign and must mean his back was less painful.

She examined him and, already, his back is not twitching when she puts pressure on it, his neck was still sore but better than it had been.

She put the needles in and said that she would have to do his neck today otherwise he won't start to benefit in that area, she put 8 needles in that area alone and he only flinched at one, typically he turned round and kissed her just after he flinched.

After this session she gave him his massage and said that some dogs respond really quickly, the labrador before us is on his 5th session and has only just started to show signs of improvement, but I mustn't be despondent if he doesn't improve immediately again after today, we've just to let the body start to heal itself.

She commented on the trust between myself and Bailey (we are devoted to each other) and said its a good thing as she could do anything with him and he wasn't afraid. Apparently she had a Rottweiler that was so frightened she had to put a needle in and rush to the other side of the room in between each needle as he would lunge at her. Not his fault, he was just scared poor thing.

So our next session is next Tuesday, then the Tuesday after and then she will take it from there as to how often he needs to go.

I will keep you posted
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Fabulous progress Sheree - lets hope it continues for your lovely chap - but it sounds like it is good progress.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
So glad to hear that the second session went really well Sheree.
Bailey is such a good boy and it's lovely to hear that he was enjoying himself having a good old roach last night.

Everything crossed that the improvements continue
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Thats great Sheree,Hopefully he will come on in leaps and bounds now !
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
That's sounding so good Sheree, you must be so pleased
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Excellent news, and I think when you treat animals like this you can't say it is mind over matter as they don't think like us so it must genuinely work in some/most cases!
Becky
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm so glad to hear its helping Bailey, long may it continue to improve!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Fabulous progress Sheree - lets hope it continues for your lovely chap - but it sounds like it is good progress.
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post
So glad to hear that the second session went really well Sheree.
Bailey is such a good boy and it's lovely to hear that he was enjoying himself having a good old roach last night.

Everything crossed that the improvements continue
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Thats great Sheree,Hopefully he will come on in leaps and bounds now !
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That's sounding so good Sheree, you must be so pleased
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Excellent news, and I think when you treat animals like this you can't say it is mind over matter as they don't think like us so it must genuinely work in some/most cases!
Becky
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
I'm so glad to hear its helping Bailey, long may it continue to improve!

Thanks so much everyone, because the medicines hadn't worked on him I didn't dare think that this would, I was worried it had really got a hold of him and that nothing would ease his pain. I'm so pleased that I went ahead with the treatment, even if he doesn't improve with this session I feel that the fact he is showing some signs of improvement has got to be of benefit to the dear old fella
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Sheree How wonderful to heasr that Bailey ia responding well to the acupuncture, hope he continue to respond well and is soon back to his old (young) self.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Great news for you and Bailey. Hope things continue to get better.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >