Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 11:03 PM

Dog vomiting all day

Bryan was sick a couple of times this morning, just bile.

He ate his food alright and kept it down, but threw his afternoon feed up.

He's still being sick now, although it's just bile again. He's shivering off and on as well and looking really sorry for himself.

Should I fast him for a while? He hasn't had anything since about 3pm. I was thinking about giving him some scrambled eggs but leaving it until tomorrow afternoon.

Our other dog was sick once this morning, but has been fine ever since. I'm guessing they've drank some minging water while we;ve been out over the fields.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I would get him to the vet if he has been like this for a while just in case. Especially with the shivering.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I think I'd take him to the vet. Especially if he's shivering on and off.
Always worries me when mine go to drink minging water. Hard isn't it to stop them
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
poor boy, is he any better today?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, he's not been sick since over night (he was sick 5 times, very small amounts of yellow bile).

We took him and A for a short walkthis morning and he played a little bit, but wasn't his usual self.

He's eaten a little bit of tuna and I've given him about 16mls of water (in a syringe just to make sure he's actually getting fluids) and he's kept it down.

Still looking dead sorry for himself and very quiet. I'll keep an eye on him, but he's much better than this morning.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I think I'd take him to the vet. Especially if he's shivering on and off.
Always worries me when mine go to drink minging water. Hard isn't it to stop them
I agree I dont like shivering dogs,,, hope things are better soon hugs xx
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Is he going to the toilet ok ?
Nothing abnormal in that department ?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Vomiting is a problem because dogs become dehydrated very quickly and I think he should see a vet today, nothing lost if he is ok but he does need attention.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm keeping hydrated with the help of a syringe and he's drank some water from his bowl on his own. He doesn't drink as much as my other dog (who is fed dry food) as he is on a prey model diet.

I think he's getting better now. We've had this before where he's had an upset tum, took him to the vets and got charged for them to tell us what we already knew and also just take him home to rest and give fluids.

Our vets are closed right now, but if he has a relapse or something I have the emergency number. I'll see what he's like on Monday and will take him then if he hasn't perked up.

He's peeing fine, no poops today but he'd brought all his food up from yesterday afternoon so I wsn't expecting anything.

Thanks for the advice guys

P.S. He shivers a lot of the time. Sometimes when he's just relaxing on his bed. I've spoken to the vet about it before and she said (after examining him) that it's just a terrier thing and not to worry about it. I know coupled with the vomiting it sounds bad, but he's not been sick at all today and no shivering either. So fingers crossed he's on the mend.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
you could also try giving him some glucose I swear by it, I always have some liquid glucose in the fridge x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >