Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Vomiting Dog

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask opinions on this.

Earlier in the week Willow vomited, just the once on two days running. Each time it was just clear liquid. I decided to keep an eye on her and see how she went.

So she has been fine this last few days. But this morning just before her breakfst she was sick again. This time it was a greeny sort of liquid mush (Sorry!).
I fed her breakfast 15min later (that was 30min ago) and she ate it up fine as normal.

Her appetite is fine, bowel functions as normal and seems her usual self.

She had a sausage added to her tea last night from the chippy. I occasional give her one, on average 1 every 10 days.

I'm wondering if this is maybe linked to her other end being irritated (see "Anal Glands (again!)" thread).

Should I consider bringing her to the vet... or just keep an eye for another few days. Any good advice please? :smt001
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I have this problem with Star sometimes. With her its just her being very hungry in the morning. Its the only time it happens. Most of the time its just green bile that she brings up.

If you are not sure what it is caused by I would probably speak to the vet about it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, as long as she's drinking. If it worsens, then definitely speak to your vet.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks Vicki & Carole for your replies. :smt001

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I have this problem with Star sometimes. With her its just her being very hungry in the morning. Its the only time it happens. Most of the time its just green bile that she brings up.

If you are not sure what it is caused by I would probably speak to the vet about it.
Oooh. Perhaps this is what's up with Willow as well!
I've stopped feeding her at 7.45am when we get up cos she doesn't settle to eat it cos of us all getting ready for the day, going in and out to the room, up and down stairs. (She mainly only eats when I'm in the sitting room or kitchen.) This was leaving it so she was finishing her breakfast just before her morning walk... which I didn't want.

So I started leaving brekkie till an hour after our morning walk. (Although she hasn't had her walk today yet! )