Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2004, 11:22 AM

Anyone got a custom made car crate?

If so - where did you buy it from and would you recommend them ?
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
I havent got one but want one for my Discovery. Saw a woman at the vets with one in her Discovery and it was brilliant. At the moment when I take the dogs out they seem to be rolling around in the boot all the time, but it could just be the driver!!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2004, 12:40 PM
I've seen a couple that look so much sturdier than a normal crate although some are quite expensive - although I suppose its worth it for piece of mind
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
They sometimes have them on ebay!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2004, 09:58 PM
never thought of looking there
but will do now
snoopy
Dogsey Junior

08-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I have a custom made crate. It's fab, and i wouldn't be without one now.
I got mine from Lintran, whom i would def recommend. It wasn't cheap, but well worrth the money.
Just a thought, i'm sure they do a reconditioned service. So it maybe worth giving them a ring!
The pros are, you're dog is secure, your car stays clean , the boxes can just be hosed out, and they're ligh weight enough to move when you need the boot space.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Have had several made in the past by a firm called Haborn Products and found them excellent. Had a very lightweight set of cages made by Hamster Baskets and they do serve the purpose for which I ordered them very well, mainly that I can lift them in and out with no trouble. A nice touch with the Hamster one is you can put your dogs lead on with the dog still in the cage and then feed the lead under the door before you open it, good for an excitable dog or in heavy traffic conditions and I will ask for this if I have cages made again.
weims
Dogsey Junior

12-06-2004, 12:08 PM
I have a custom made double car cage, I would highly recommend them. They have handholes in the door so that a lead can be put onto the dog before the door is opened so that the dog cannot "escape" as you try to put a lead on. They are www.hamsterbaskets.co.uk and they have full measuring instructions on their web site and it took about a month for my cage to be delivered. It depends on what you want but my cage is a double 2 door made for a vauxhall omega estate and cost £200 including delivery. A single door single cage costs from £150. They come flat packed but as dead easy to put up.

HTH

Lynn