Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:25 AM

Our 80s toy collection! Very pic heavy.

This was my favourite 'version' of this collection. We keep moving house, so it's had many different 'versions'. This one we had two rooms for it, so most of it was on view. It looked absolutely fab, and was great fun... but then last January we were hit with a massive flood - which unfortunately was worst in the rooms with all the toys! to say we were gutted doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg! We salvaged as much as we could (which was a pretty hefty amount in fairness - we only lost about 100 books and a load of paper stuff (including my signed Chesney Hawks stuff :*() - and now we're thinking about going through it all and setting up again - it's been in storage for a year. So... hopefully I'll have a new thread to post soon enough For now - here it is in all its glory <3

Phew! That's a lot! If anyone wants to see anything close up - or has any questions, please feel free - I *adore* discussing this collection, and am happy to do closer photos of anything that's not well depicted here! Just let me know! Mind - it could take me a while to do close up photos with it all boxed away - still, I can do them when we next sort the stuff.

xx
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Wow what a huge collection, that must have taken you years to collect.

The second from last photo, were they called hush puppies, or something similar? I remember having a couple of those.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:40 AM
They're Pound Puppies! One of my favourite bits of our collection! That bin is crammed full of them

xx
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:43 AM
i remember playing with nearly all of those toys, in particular the collection of figures on the bookshlef with the gloworm on which i also had. there is a moose, a cheerleader dog with bunches and a few others - i cannot remember their name but i adored them and had the bus or playground to go with them used to play with them in the bath
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Get Along Gang? They're great <3 I loved them when I was little too - I had cuddlies of them - in particular a Montgomery Goodnews Moose - who got put in the attic and went mouldy - I was gutted!

xx
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:18 AM
is that their name? i dont remember but loved them. oh so many memories! must be worth a fortune that collection of yours!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:30 PM
That is a huge collection.
We have just cleared out our loft and I actually have a few of the things you have in your collection in bags waiting to go to charity/car boot sale.
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
They're Pound Puppies! One of my favourite bits of our collection! That bin is crammed full of them

xx
Ahhh pound puppies, I remember now, they should bring them out again, my daughter would love them.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:50 PM
They have brought them out again they've brought out most of these toys again

Wyrd - if there's anything you have that I don't - I'm often happy to buy!

xx
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow, I had a lot of that stuff. I love the Puppy in my Pocket shelf! I still have all of mine, and two of those pink kennel house things and some hotels and the animal hospital bit.. And I learnt how to tie a bow on that school shoe thing, and my Dad used to pull me around on the patio on a pair of those yellow rollerskates... Memories I loved the pound puppies too, I used to sneak them to school to play with
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >