Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
should be OK with ME, have a go !

It has Photoshop 3 and that one works fine I could`nt open the Dogsey graphic file on any of my usual arty programs and there is`nt a Photoshop download for 98SE or ME so I have`nt been able to help out making welcome graphics but now, as this version 3 program off one of the discs works on my PC, I can ask Azz for the file and can help out doing welcome graphics for people here now so I`m really pleased about that especially
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 07:15 AM
I should be upgrading mine not until after the Hols though i was think of 4 gigs the same as Nero as vista is ram hungry got the OS 64 bit Vista Ultra just got to wait till funds available to get he rest so OH can start building.

Going to go for the SATA DVD/ DVDRW drives i think as the data transfer should be better also it won't look so cutered inside with the SATA cable instead of the IDE ribbon.

It's like having a new PC when you use it for the first time even though it's in the same case but come to think of it i will properly change that along with the PSU around 600 will do.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I should be upgrading mine not until after the Hols though i was think of 4 gigs the same as Nero as vista is ram hungry got the OS 64 bit Vista Ultra just got to wait till funds available to get he rest so OH can start building.

Going to go for the SATA DVD/ DVDRW drives i think as the data transfer should be better also it won't look so cutered inside with the SATA cable instead of the IDE ribbon.

It's like having a new PC when you use it for the first time even though it's in the same case but come to think of it i will properly change that along with the PSU around 600 will do.
sata drives are much faster than IDE's. did you know you can get "slimline" IDE cables.
also spoke to the guy that has the shop I got the components from, asked what he thought about vista, I got a dirty look
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 08:36 AM
did you know you can get "slimline" IDE cables.
also spoke to the guy that has the shop I got the components from, asked what he thought about vista, I got a dirty look
Yes i did know about the slimline IDE cables but I’m one for trying new stuff the only thing I’m not sure about on SATA DVD drives is the power is it the same connecter as the HDD or different not sure about that.

I think the sort of look you got from the guy at the pc shop is the norm but i hope that MS don't keep making the OS'S bigger and taking more and more system resorces when you think about the sort of stuff that were putting into systems now as aposed to when 98 came out and the pc booted into DOS and you had to input the comand line in to get windows to boot. (how long ago was that)
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes i did know about the slimline IDE cables but I’m one for trying new stuff the only thing I’m not sure about on SATA DVD drives is the power is it the same connecter as the HDD or different not sure about that.

I think the sort of look you got from the guy at the pc shop is the norm but i hope that MS don't keep making the OS'S bigger and taking more and more system resorces when you think about the sort of stuff that were putting into systems now as aposed to when 98 came out and the pc booted into DOS and you had to input the comand line in to get windows to boot. (how long ago was that)
I must say, you've got me stumped on sata DVD drives, never herd of em.
SATA HD's need a different power connector than IDE's, they're slimmer, you get an adapter that plugs into the wiring loom from the PSU.
the guy gave me that look cos vista is not long out, IME, never buy an OS until it's been on the market at least 18mths.
I would've stuck with 98se, but software writers favour XP for their platform.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I must say, you've got me stumped on sata DVD drives, never herd of em.
Yep it's the latest standard in disk drives.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/cat/CD---DV...RW-SATA-Drives

Ebuyer are good but they slate you on p & p unless you live local so you can get to sheffield and pick them up yourself.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Just found this on toms hadware it's the same as the PATA drives so thats ok no need to buy more adpters. They also claim that there is no real incrase in speed which suprizes me but have to make sure on the chip set though as some don't work unless it's a intel chipset.

nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Just found this on toms hadware it's the same as the PATA drives so thats ok no need to buy more adpters. They also claim that there is no real incrase in speed which suprizes me but have to make sure on the chip set though as some don't work unless it's a intel chipset.

I can't see if it's a dual layer burner, optiarc do a really good D/L burner for £20.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I know like this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125208/rb/0
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2007, 11:22 AM
the place I get my stuff from is here.

www.silicon-group.co.uk

as I said last night the adata 1 gig DDR2 800CL5.0 chips are going for £29.30, a bargain !
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >