Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 04:43 PM

******* Computers!!!!

And yes before you say anything, I work in I.T. Just tends to make me less tolerant rather than more tolerant
Anyway, about a year ago had to do some major upgrading of the pc. At the time, only one shop in town so he got the business, since then have found out he's extremely dodgy, hasn't a clue about what he's doing and has been selling second hand parts! New shop opened soon after although this idiot is still in business.
To cut a long story short, hard drive failed on Wednesday, not completely dead, but on it's way out. Told OH to take it straight over to the shop cause to get the lads at work to do it would take errrmmm...weeks,months etc!
Turns out dodgy dude at the first computer shop had put in a power supply not up to the job and it caused the drive to fail. £225.00 later, new 320gb hard drive, data recovery, power supply and so on. At least we got the power supply for nothing, gesture of good will and all that and at least we now have a reputable shop in town.
OH now fighting with all the software Moral of the story....have a backup!!!!! Tried to tell him but would he listen?