Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:06 PM

Intruder in the garden last night.....

About 4am this morning Murphy started going mental barking his head off and something was clearly wrong. Of course i jump out of bed throw my dressing gown and slipper on and rush downstairs to the conservatory (where the dogs sleep at night). I grab the torch and the dogs and we all rush outside to see off this intruder.

The garden is empty and erily still...... I see that the shed door is wide open and i remember that i hadnt gone back to close and lock it up after i had got stuff out of it earlier in the day. I think of god what have has been taken?

Then i spot Murphy nose to nose (ish) with the intruder! The intruder is meanwhile trying to elope with one of Murphys chewy toys.......

The intruder was a very large hedgehog who had been trying to put the moves on one of the dogs toys - a kind of hedgehog shaped teeth cleaning rubber toy with many various coloured rubber spikes (not dissimilar to a hedgehog really so i can understand how the poor guy mistook it for a nice lady hedgehog!). Anyway Murphy barked in his face and the poor guys rolled off the toy into a big spikey ball. Murphy just cautious picked up his toy and trotted back indoors!

If i had thought about it at the time i would have gone and found the camera and taken a pic for you to laugh at. Well at least i know that Murphy will alert us to the slightest little thing
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Ha ha ha!!! aww that poor little hedgehog
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Lol @ Murphy stopping a would be thief of one of his toys! Good job he didn't try and pick the hedgehog up when it had rolled into a ball though! Lovely story
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:32 PM
that's so funny!!!!
Mad hedgehog and indignant murphy, fantastic!!!!!
That really made me smile.
Bet you were relieved though huh???
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:35 PM
LOL I love that
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes i was VERY relieved! And dont worry no hedgehogs are every harmed in my garden - both dogs know not to touch hedgehogs.
Was laughing with OH about it this morning that the one in the garden last night might be Daddy hedgehog to the baby one i rescued a few weeks ago. Poor Baby was scuttling round the entrance of the car park where Mummy hedgehog had sadly been squashed (not by me!) Anyway i took Baby hedgehog down the close into the fields and left him in a bit of cover, hoping he wound find his family again. As last night visitor was larger than Baby and Mummy we think he is Daddy and i might leave him some bread and milk tonight! Will make sure no doggy toys are left int he garden though lol
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:43 PM
hey your lucky murphy didnt pick the hedgehog up instead! my sam would have, he loves to carry them in his mouth then toss them up in the air (just out of my reach i hasten to add). my other springer benson used to like carrying them in his mouth too.....hey maybe its a springer thing
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:45 PM
ps...no hedgehogs are ever harmed by the way!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Aaaw, the hedgehog wanted a friend!!!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Poor hedgehog, and poor murphy he thought he was trying to steal his toy : )

He might not mind if the hedgehog was trying to steal the lawnmower lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >