Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
You should ask for the full £49 !!!!!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Feeling a bit miffed re CM Today, friends are going to see him and i'm a bit of a lone voice, he has so many supporters its like banging your head agains't a brick wall.
I initially thought he was good but like all things you learn its not all its cracked up to be!! last night i watched a clip of him dragging a st bernard up stairs on a choke chain... its a total step backwards for dog training and people are just gonna swallow his drivvel and think all their problems can be solved by his ways of jabbing dogs, instigating issues just so you can assert your dominace!!

I am not sure I want a submissive dog tbh!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I use to be a fan of CM - well i wouldnt say a fan but it intrested me to watch him (spose there was nothing else doggie related on the TV)..
I have since changed my opinion of him and am top of the 'anti cm list!'..after seeing the one where he used an E collar on a dog for being aggressive towards a cat!
His methods are so far out dated, and if he does get a break through with training its through fear imo..
I wouldnt waste my money on the man....He gets enough of that for his so called dog training.......
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
i didnt really rate him when people at work were raving about him, something just didnt add up. I know now after i saw the video with the god and cat using the shock collar.
ATD x
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Its very frustrating when someone thinks hes great. They cant see how some of what he does isnt right. I dont get into the discussion anymore and just say i personally dont agree with his methods and leave it at that. You have to be able to see it for yourself.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You should ask for the full £49 !!!!!
They`re £40 on t`internet!
the big ticket companies buy them up and resell them don`t they?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I went to see him at the Birmingham NIA last night, and I have to say, if I had the chance to go and see the show again, and for that price of the ticket, I most certainly, without a shaddow of a doubt, would not go.

I was very dissapointed in all honesty. I expected him to go more into issues and what are good ways to solve them.

I got annoyed when he bought out "an excited" dog who really wasn't excited (he just pulled his owner around). Jess could have done a better job than that!!!

I seem to be more in the minority of the dislike of the show, which is good for him personally, but hey, can't please all
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
He wanted a ready Trained Dog to demo what could be achieved with training.-i know cos my friends dog was put forward, Hes one a OBCC ond 6 Res CCs.& never had a Smack.Tsst ,poke in his whole life!

Hello ....CM.....you dont train do you? What a con Artist!

Those who have seen him now, did he produce a "made" dog?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I would never pay to see him as I can't bear to even watch his programmes and cruelty to the poor dogs.
I hate it though as so many of the public think he is the best trainer out there.
I've heard them in PAH where his book is on display . They stand there gazing at it commenting he is the best trainer in the world
I believe he was being promoted and appeared on "The one show" on BBC at the beginning of the week, although I never saw it.
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I have never watched CM but have several friends who rave about him. Forums have definitley opened my opinion about dog training.
I listen to everyone and as someone said earlier, what works for one dog won't neccessarily work for another. Our JRT is very strong willed and we have tried various methods, I am not sure if any of them amount to being cruel as he thinks most of it is a game!!!
We take Bentley to obedience class on Saturdays and the guy that does it has received an MBE for his work. He is a massive CM fan but I don't see any cruelty in Dave's training methods and Bentley has come on leaps and bounds at the class He has displayed a few behaviours that they interpret as dominance, although we don't see them that way. I think CM is dangerous for people who are easily led and maybe can't see the bigger picture. That's just my opinion and wanted to share
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »