View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the advice guys - much appreciated.

I managed to get a bit more of the steristrips off today; just down to the bit on the actual cut/scab so will tackle that in the bath with lots and lots of soaking.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
sorry to hear that C has been in the wars.

I would leave it just now, let it heal itself and then once scab is off just use a really good moisturiser like a stretch mark cream, cocoa butter, or aveeno and just keep using that.

Kids skins are very good at healing. Luca got a really deep cut on his forearm which I perhaps should have got steri stripped, but I didnt realise it was quite as deep as it was - anyway its healed up nicely and he has a very fine white line that I think will fade in time.
Plenty of that in this house at the moment!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Plenty of that in this house at the moment!
ha ha ! tell me about it! we have Bio Oil, Sea Buckthorn Cream (my sis in law apparently swore by it - not done anything for me though! ) and Palmers Cocoa Butter!

My Belly still looks like an AA road map!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ha ha ! tell me about it! we have Bio Oil, Sea Buckthorn Cream (my sis in law apparently swore by it - not done anything for me though! ) and Palmers Cocoa Butter!

My Belly still looks like an AA road map!
ditto, I have now resorted to Avon skin so soft tanning moisturiser as figure if nothing else they will at least look better if they are coated in a lovely tanned colour !!! LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm using a combination of Bio Oil, Mama Mio stuff and dr.organic 100% Organic Vitamin E Body Butter. So far, so good but I have invested in a bottle of Elemis Japanese Camellia Oil for later use too, just in case.

Thinking about it, the dr.organic range includes a Manuka Honey product. I wonder how that would be on a scar? Hmmm.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
ditto, I have now resorted to Avon skin so soft tanning moisturiser as figure if nothing else they will at least look better if they are coated in a lovely tanned colour !!! LOL
are you using this elsewhere also or just on the bump????
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
are you using this elsewhere also or just on the bump????
PMSL - all over or the midwife would be seriously concerned about my baby !!!! LOL
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2010, 10:17 PM
silicone {sp?] like a soft silicone patch?

Not sure where you get it, but my mate had an horrid accident on the farm which ment she had to have surgery on her wrist and hand, she got a silicon patch put over it, you can barely see any scaring.
I think she got hers from a private hospital though.

hope your wee one is well on the mend soon.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Shona, I shall look into that.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 10:02 AM
found these links,

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/produc...x.vm?procid=42

Silicone Gel Sheets
Silicone gel sheeting was developed in the 1980's and has been used by over 1 million people throughout the world. Both waterproof and flexible, silicone gel sheets look and feel like transparent gelatine and work by flattening, softening and fading red and raised scars. Being flexible, they are comfortable to wear and easy to apply, even on awkward areas such as joints. The sheet is easily cut to fit the scar.

Current research indicates that silicone gel sheeting works by moisturising and covering the scar area. This helps to reduce the size and improve the colour of a scar and can improve elasticity of the tissue. Research also indicates that improvements in the appearance of scars are permanent.

Cica-Care* is an advanced form of silicone in an adhesive gel sheet which is used by the medical profession to reduce red or dark and raised scars. It has recently been made available in pharmacies for people to buy and use themselves. Cica-Care reduces both new and old scars, red and raised scars and is safe for use by all members of the family. Tests indicate that the average improvement time should be between 2 - 4 months. Click here to buy CICA-CARE Online (UK only).

Vitamin E Cream
Although Vitamin E Cream is sometimes recommended for the self-management of scars, there is no medical evidence to suggest that it has an effect.
the only problem with them is, they have to be used over a longer period of time,
hence why I guess people only use them when they want to improve facial or very visable scars,
Im not sure if just using one at night when the wee on is in bed would improve the scar? it could be worth finding out though.

I do know for sure they work though, as said my friend would have had terrible scarring round her hand and wrist, but after using these there is not really much to see, you would have to look very close to notice anything at all.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >