Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 06:58 PM

My sisters scan surprise!

My sister is 20 weeks pregnant, she has 3 lovely boys ages 9, 6 and 3, today she went for her first scan for this pregnancy hoping for news of a girl and guess what.............

IT'S TWINS!!!!!

She hasn't got over the shock yet, didn't even ask what sex they were, she hasn't stopped crying since 2.30!! Poor girl she said she also thinks they are twin BOYS!! How could her midwife miss TWO heart beats?? She's been going to clinic since 10 weeks pregnant too!

I think it's great, I told her I would help as much as possible........but the thought of 5 BOYS!!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:07 PM
that is great news crazy :smt023

i always wanted twins but knew i,d never ever cope with two babies
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Lol...the funny thing was, when we had 4 she used to turn her nose up at us, saying she would never have that many children and now she's going to have 5!!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:28 PM
thats what happened to me!! I had 2 boys was desperate for a girl. Found out at ten week scan it was twins and had to wait for 20 week scan for them to tell me it was one of each! They spotted his bits first and said he was def a boy and lucy had her legs crossed(well she was a lady and on camera in the buff) they tried to send me home only knowing one was a boy but scan man agreed to have one more look and she spread her legs for us! I cried and cried! So happy to have a girl. I must say though that on first scan when they said it was twins i went into shock and cried for 3 days. I couldnt even keep water down and everybody said i was so sick cos it was twins but i wasnt sick before the scan it was the shock. I felt my world was over.How would i cope with twins all the new stuff we needed etc.etc. it is tough as you cant say to many people that you really didnt want this extra baby as of course you should be grateful but for a good couple of weeks i thought my life was over and i would never cope. Tell your sister it will be a shock for a while but she will adjust and the twins were my easiest pregnancy easiest birth and easiest babies so tell her not to listen to all the horror stories people try and tell you!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:31 PM
if your sister wants to chat to somebody who has been through it tell her she is welcome to email me or she can have my number as i was so horrified and i was desperate to talk to people who understood.. I know she doesnt know me and maybe she has friends who have been through it but the offer is there if she wants it. send her my best wishes. My twins are 6 now and despite all the horror at the beginning they are the lights of our life.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:50 PM
oh wow twins

Oh I hope she'll get oover the shock soon
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 07:56 PM
oh and forgot to say even when i was 30 weeks pregnant with twins the midwife could not differentiate between heartbeats its a very tricky thing especially as one is normally behind the other one
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Her midwife has been checking the heart BEAT for the past 8 weeks, saying one side was baby the other side was placenta.........now we know different.

I told her a few weeks back that she looked rather big for her weeks, she said she felt pretty yucky too and that her boobs were twice the size they were with her previous pregnancies.........now we know why! I spoke to her at 8.30pm and she's still shaking from the shock, you could hear her voice quivering.

On the funny side, my mum told her she had to have twins right at the start as this one would have been my parents 13th grandchild and she said 13 was unlucky, so could she have 2 to make it 14...........so jokingly we are blaming my mum...........lol.

I will talk to my sister again at the weekend and tell her you've offered to talk to her
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 08:40 PM
when i was 6 weeks pregnant and none the wiser of my twins i visited a medium and she said that somebody close to me was going to have twins. We all thought it must be my sister as she was 11 weeks pregnant and huge but she had her twelve week scan and only one baby so we all forgot what the mediun said until my scan!!!!!!!! but she was a bit out really she said close but not that close!!! you often can hear a placenta on a fetal heart moniter and my sister in law who is a midwife used to listen to me everyday and it was months before she could reliably differentiate between the twins heartbeats and unless u were looking for 2 specifically u wouldnt realise as babies heartbeats fluctuate. When she now does have both heartbeats done if they are similiar it will probably be same sex as mine were always loads different and girls heartbeats are faster. She will have loads of scans as its twins so she can find out the sex if she wants to thats assuming her hospitals policy allows it.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Forgot to say apparently they are identical twins, so I think I'm right in saying they are both the same sex??...............I hope for her sanity they are girls
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »