Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Moving Back To Blighty!

Well Doggers ive not been on here for quite a long time i thought i'd pop in and tell you all that we are on the move back to Hudderfield you can take the girl out of yorkshire but not yorkshire out of the girl im just so homesick and miss all my family so much. the boys aren't getting on too well in school either so we have decided that its the best for all of us to head home! so in 25 day's ill be home! and i cant wait..

No idea what Max will think to it all we are taking him back on the ferry brittanny ferries santander to plymouth any tips would be great.. he's not going until 1st of Dec with Paul and me It's really complicated i fly back next month with the boys to get them sorted with schools and find us a house then i'm coming back and leaving the boys in yorkshire with grandparents so i can help paul pack up the house load up the van and then drive up spain to catch the boat... im dreading been seperated from Maxi boy for 5 weeks

So ill keep you all updated and let you know how max got on, on his mini cruise
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh Mel, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Be warned, it's freezing here at the moment

Safe journey x0x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Morning Mel,

Come on home x nothing worse than being somewhere none of you are happy about x I have a friend on the Costa Brava who would love to come home after 27 years ( can you sneak her in with you )

Wishing you all the best with the move
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks Guys, I do kinda miss the seasons and you can have too much of a good thing.. I cant wait for a frosty morning to go walking with Max..
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh Mel, I had no idea

It's funny, everyone seems to be moving back my oh's daughter moved back 2 months ago! I have to say I'm the same - after 7 years I'm thinking about moving back also - really missing family and friends!

Still working on the oh, he keeps harping on about how I'd hate the weather, but I'm gradually wearing him down Already got the boys passports sorted so watch this space!
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi trixy may be room in the TV cupboard how is she in confined spaces!
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Shaza, well thats life i tried to be objective after all its a big upheavel as you well know but the only reasons for me to stay here were the weather and my friends that i have made. i will miss the spanish way of life but the kids have to come first matthew's going to be doing his GCSE's next year so it's kinda of now or never!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. But welcome back.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Good luck with the move (I sometimes wonder if I'll end up back in Blighty ) and something else I've sometimes wondered - What will Maxi boy do on the boat if he wants a pee
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Good luck with the move (I sometimes wonder if I'll end up back in Blighty ) and something else I've sometimes wondered - What will Maxi boy do on the boat if he wants a pee
The ferry crossing we are taking takes 23 hours we have a nice cabin , Maxi gets his own kennel in a area where all the pets go and there is a area of deck designated specially for dog walking your allowed to visit them at certain times during the voyage to feed and walk them i'm hoping that he'll be ok and not sea sick 23 hours is a long time but doing this way means he's only in the van 6/7 hours at this side and simialar at the other..

I'll let you know how we get on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >