Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Zena's Sick

She was sick last night when we went to bed, woke Dave up to go outside and he said she'd been fidgeting around in the lounge playing, then wanting to go out, doing nothing, coming back in, so she must have felt sick. This is a first for her, she's never been sick and Dave blames the marrow bones, but I'm sure it's rubbish disease, coz I caught her eating something out in the garden and it was gone before I could get it off her Now she's got diarreah, but not constant, just her morning poo, and then some more when I got back from shopping when I let her out I gave her a live yoghurt for breakfast and bought some frozen fish and gave her that for lunch, and she'll get the other half tonight for tea.

She seems absolutely fine in herself, she enjoyed her morning walk, totally normal, but no poo, played with her new found friends with their kong on a rope (2 border collies), and she played in the garden in her pool when I got back from shopping, so I don't think a vet trip is needed do you?? If she wasn't fine in herself, I'd be off there like a shot, but maybe it was those marrowbones or some nasty she ate in the garden. Poor little girl, she's never had diarrhea before

Georgie ate the same bone (all dried out now) and he's absolutely fine, everything normal? I've always let those bones dry out and then just scrape away at them, but it's been nearly a week now so maybe I've done wrong and should have thrown them both away instead of just the one which got too small. If things change I'll phone the vet but she's sleeping now, but then she always does in the afternoon, so I'll know later when she wakes up whether she's ok or not.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm sure she'll be fine, Aitch. Just keep an eye on her. We all know you'll be up the vets like a bullet if you suspect anything serious

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks Vicki, you know me too well, it's surprising I haven't been there already really isn't it! It's just worrying that it's a first for her, I've been spoiled with those perfect poo's for 5 months haven't I! Maybe it's a bug, but I'm worrying about those marrow bones thinking I've given her something awful like e-coli or something, but I'm sure she'd be looking and feeling bad if that was the case? Oh I'm such a worrier!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2009, 01:06 PM
As Vicki has said I'm sure she'll be OK, for what it's worth both of ours ate all manner of horrible stuff at the same age, I think all 6 month old dogs do, it gives them the runs and by the time the're one year old they learn that not everything that smells is good to eat. Hope it's quickly sorted and you don't have to rush up to the vets.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Hope she better soon, mines poorly too, its a worry isn't it.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Most likely something "yummy" (to a dog ) that she's picked up in the garden. Probably a day or two and she'll be back to herself, once the nasties have gone through her.

I saw something green sticking out of Bailey's mouth the other day, demanded he dropped and what was it, a big, fat, light green Caterpillar! *throws up* I almost wished I hadn't seen it, as I had to pick it up and dispose (in a tissue of course). *throws up again*
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Aww Bless her...Hope she's feeling better soon. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug or something x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Sounds like scavenging-sickness to me Wee devil, eating yucky rubbish.

I'd just moniter her H, see how she is tomorrow? Hope her gut-rot stops soon!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I am sure she will be fine Helena, giving bio yogurt was the right thing to do. If she has had the runs quite badly she may not have anything left inside to present you with anything My 2 got a tummy upset when they were about 1, it was Christmas Day of all times!! They just wouldn't eat at all, I managed to get them to eat some tuna on the 2nd day, and the day after that I took them to the vets and he gave them a shot of something, and I kept them on a light diet for a couple of days. They were perfectly lively in themselves though and still did mad things on their walks!! If she is already eating she is most likely over it already.
Big cuddles to her from the norties and they say they hope she was better soon, they missed their midnight call from her and now know why
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Aww poor Zena.
As the others say, I bet she'll be fine in a day or two. You are doing right keeping her on light stuff just now, hope she's ok soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >