View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 08:29 AM

How does you dog react when you have left them to go away?

We have booked 3 nights away in December, and have booked a pet sitter to come and sit with Zeita. We have met her and Zeita took to her instantly which was a huge relief.

My concern is how she will cope with us all not being here. She will stay at home of course and I have it worked out that my mum will come in throught the day and Lauren the dog sitter will be home for dinners and finishes work at 4pm so Zeita will hardly ever be alone.

So how have your dogs been whilst you were away?

How were they ehrn you got back?

Did it change the bond between you?

I am so worried, but I know she will be in good hands. I just feel so guilty

Mel x
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
It sounds like you've done just about everything you can think of to make sure Zeita's ok when you go away.

I've only ever left my dogs overnight once when I had to spend a night in hopspital. It wasn't the end of the world (although it was unexpected) as my husband was at home with the dogs. But as I do everything for them, walks, feed, grooming etc, I kept phoning him in the evening to make sure he'd not forgotten anything. After the 3rd call, he was getting a bit fed up with me, especially as he was watching the footie

Unfortunately we had a huge thunderstorm that night & as Barney gets quite scared, he ended up with 30kgs+ of chunky labrador on his lap for the evening!!

But it sounds like Zeita will be fine ~ & I hope you enjoy your holiday & don't worry too much.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
It sounds like you've done just about everything you can think of to make sure Zeita's ok when you go away.

I've only ever left my dogs overnight once when I had to spend a night in hopspital. It wasn't the end of the world (although it was unexpected) as my husband was at home with the dogs. But as I do everything for them, walks, feed, grooming etc, I kept phoning him in the evening to make sure he'd not forgotten anything. After the 3rd call, he was getting a bit fed up with me, especially as he was watching the footie

Unfortunately we had a huge thunderstorm that night & as Barney gets quite scared, he ended up with 30kgs+ of chunky labrador on his lap for the evening!!

But it sounds like Zeita will be fine ~ & I hope you enjoy your holiday & don't worry too much.
Thanks for that, normally she comes with us but this is a special treat for the boys as we are taking them to Lapland so obviously she can't come lol. It is a one off so that makes me feel better