Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Dusty (Section A)

Sam helping me wash her legs and tail (he helped me muck her out before we washed her and loves doing stuff with her). I do worry about her weight as she had laminitis last year, so keep her lean. My friend, who is a farrier, keeps telling me she is fine. I try and believe him lol, but I do get a bit neurotic about it!

This is the first time Sam has ridden without anyone holding him. Going to get him riding her properly this summer now he has the confidence to go on his own - will start off with teaching him how to hold the reins lol:

My friend is also coming over tomorrow to teach me how to lunge her, which I'm excited about.

Helen
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
She is lovely, but that first photo sure does not look like a section A, it must be the angle of the photo

Laminitas is a worry, listen to your farrier he will see the signs, also one of the first signs to look for is her crest hardening, weight is not always a reliable sign of keeping it at bay.

Hope Sam, enjoys her and his riding.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks. Some more pics in these threads http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=161654

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=164249

Which show her better.

Never heard about the crest thing before. My friend is here every week for dog training so sees her regularly. Not sure how I would cope without him. He is very into laminitis and went to a conference about it a couple of months ago. It is quite funny when he asks me if I think his dogs are too thin! Lol.

Helen
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Awww your boy looks like he is having a grand time!

I much prefer seeing ponies a little under weight than over weight, so many people don't realize how bad being over weight is for ponies and horses.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I think that is the first Section A I have seen which isn't about to pop!

I agree weight isn't always a sign of lammi, I know several TB owners who horses get lammi... After 8 years of me battling with my cob, he got lammi once he was perfect weight!

Dusty is gorgeous, and your son looks happy up there.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Awww your boy looks like he is having a grand time!

I much prefer seeing ponies a little under weight than over weight, so many people don't realize how bad being over weight is for ponies and horses.
Thanks . Sam loves doing stuff with her but hasn't had the confidence to ride her without OH holding him. I thought I would ask if he wanted a quick ride after washing her.

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
I think that is the first Section A I have seen which isn't about to pop!

I agree weight isn't always a sign of lammi, I know several TB owners who horses get lammi... After 8 years of me battling with my cob, he got lammi once he was perfect weight!

Dusty is gorgeous, and your son looks happy up there.
Thanks . She had mild lami last year but we picked up on it quickly and she only need 2 weeks stabling. My farrier friend has really been a massive help.

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Great to see Sam aboard Dusty again