Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2017, 08:43 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 13th November

Good morning folks, feeling a bit brighter this morning.
Must put an order into Tesco, the cupboard is nearly bare and I need some soup of some sort for my tummy.

Have a good day everyone, hope you are all ok. God bless, stay safe and well. xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are feeling better today Moyra.

Pleased you are ok Griff and hope. your drinking free didn't do you harm. Hope mum is ok and gets to see a doctor.

Hope you all had an enjoyable day yesterday Lynn.

Lovely and sunny here but a cold wind. As garden inn has been emptied time to fill it again I think

Hope everyone two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are feeling better today Moyra.

Pleased you are ok Griff and hope. your drinking free didn't do you harm. Hope mum is ok and gets to see a doctor.

Hope you all had an enjoyable day yesterday Lynn.

Lovely and sunny here but a cold wind. As garden inn has been emptied time to fill it again I think

Hope everyone two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I never knew we had an inn here in the back garden . No wonder Sue spends so much time out there
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Afternoon all
Mum went and saw the Dr...she has been signed off for a fortnight but the Dr says if she feels better she can go back, there's nothing fractured as i eventually got her to go to A&E after 9 days Lol
I came to no harm last night with my beer..i was on the verge of kicking off but i managed to reign it in Lol..well actually i left before i blew.
training tonight, if i make it as mum has an appointment at dermatology and dad is taking her so might not manage to go
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Afternoon Moyra, Sue, Barry and griff and those to follow.
Been another cold day here but bright. We popped into Huntingdon today to browse. Brilliant town and small shopping centre not that far and not a bad drive there and back either.
might be going that way more often quite a few shops I like all in one place unlike here where they are in different towns.

griff glad to read mum is ok.

Hope everyone and four legged friends are well today.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Hi all - I wish y'all well.

Had breakfast in the new cafe in Houghton Hall Park. Then a long walk in some bracing wind. Max has a big fur coat so he was in his element.

A little tail from this afternoon is a bit harrowing. Get your tissues ready.

One of our neighbours dropped by this afternoon. That's regular but she was clearly upset. She had seen some puppies dumped out in the road behind our houses. Our neighbour, lovely Liz, witnessed it and called the RSPCA. The pups were rescued so they are OK. I hope they find good homes.

Perhaps even better, our immediate neighbour has surveillance cameras. The whole incident was caught on camera and it has been viewed by both the police and the RSPCA. Footage is as clear as a bell.

Maybe "even better" isn't quite the right way to put it but the car, the victims and the culprits are all on tape. I hope the cruel barstards who did this nasty thing get apprehended and the maximum penalty.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
there's nothing fractured as i eventually got her to go to A&E after 9 days Lol
.............i was on the verge of kicking off but i managed to reign it in
Great that Mum is OK and nothing fractured, and also great that you avoided a confrontation, sometimes it's better to just let the idiots go on their way

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We popped into Huntingdon today to browse. Brilliant town and small shopping centre not that far and not a bad drive there and back either.
Have not been to Huntingdon for decades but I also liked it when I lived and worked in Cambridge.

Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I hope the cruel barstards who did this nasty thing get apprehended and the maximum penalty.
I hope so also, but what annoys me is that even the maximum penalty is in adequate, and they likely won't get that anyway.

But, I had best not start on the subject of crime and punishment at this late hour.

Well today on our trip to Knettishall we encountered not only many kamikazi squirels but quite a few pheasants as well I'm pretty sure I missed all the squirels but not so sure about one pheasant as heard a slight 'bump' and he may have 'bought it'

I used the sad icon but fact is that soon the local 12 bore hot shots will be out and pheasant life expectancy decreases dramatically once they get going

Another early start tomorrow so goodnight all. Sue please stay out of that 'inn' I think your OH is getting worried
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

I hope so also, but what annoys me is that even the maximum penalty is in adequate, and they likely won't get that anyway.
And even then, only if they get traced and apprehended.
Our next door neighbour, with his surveillance cameras has the best evidence. I do hope he doesn't get targeted but it doesn't take a whole lot of triangulation to work out where the shots were taken from.