Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:01 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 3rd November

Good morning everyone.

Griff hope you are feeling better this morning and Mandy I am glad you are finding it more easy to move. Hydra therapy is very good and helped my back a lot.

A lot more chilly out there this morning but bright enough, must get Amber out for her walk.

Lynn hope Gill is still managing and will soon get her stairlift. Dillon looked as though he owned that car boot!

Have a good day everyone, both two and four legged friends, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Another still overcast day no good for getting washing dry and I have quite a bit and a lot of it cannot be tumbled.
Moyra Dillon thinks he owns everything round here.

Not sure if we'll be doing anything today waiting on a parcel for Dillon tracking says arriving today but the tracking device doesn't say yet on the on its way out box.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Morning all.
Overcast here but hey ho. I have packages coming they say del Sat so lets see. Do not forsee a problem.

Right off I go have a great day all.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Morning all
Dull & overcast here too, just had breakfast so going to take Rosie out in a mo.
Then I need to get into town for a couple of bits.
I'm at work tonight, only for 4 hours then I'm off tomorrow & Sunday so that's good.
Liam rang me yesterday & we talked Christmas ( sorry lol) and what me & Tony thought is happening- Liam & Sarah are spending Christmas together in their house. Be very strange for us to not have him here on the day, but it would happen eventually.
I'll be glad when I've passed my driving test
Lynn hope your parcel arrives soon, so you don't have to sit waiting all day
Thanks Moyra, hope you have a good day too
Right need to get Rosie out
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Morning Kazz have a good day
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone

Stay warm Moyra

Hope your parcel arrives soon Lynn then you can have the day to yourselves.

As you say Mandy they have to leave home eventually and have Christmas on their own. Cant see that happening here anytime soon as elder son is on his own so decamps to ours for Christmas. This year he may go up to Birmingham to stay with for friends for the New Year

Good morning Kazz

Lovely morning here. Washed the bedding that was used by son. Sent him home last night with clean jumpers and bag of goodies so one happy son. He is off to Berlin for a week so at least I know his clothes are clean

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Afternoon
Moyra, i feel a lot better today but i am now starting with a cold..had to happen at some point
Lynn, hope the parcel arrives today
Mandy, congrats on the weightloss
Sue...my brother is the same, lives on his own so comes here
Kazz, have a good day
I went to the legion last night...asked about the door to door selling and the people i asked were taken aback...that's not to mean that somebody honest hasn't taken the initiative and gone door to door though. All kicking off over their as well...oooeeeerrr, saw my mates which was nice and then went up to the pub and had a night free of my admirer Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Regarding the poppy collector asked my neighbour who is in the "legion" so to speak and he said never heard of it happening oin Birmingham they are fixed stations.....ie shops banks etc etc

Edited to say Griff has replied along similar lines.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Hope the parcels have arrived Kazz.
Sue sure son will be grateful for the clean clothes.
Mandy I know it's sad when they can't always get to us for christmas. I have got use to it over the years. Micheal usually gets here and was always at home when we lived Harlow but due to the nature of Mark and then Tracey's work and now Lauren's it isn't always possible so some years most years we make up for it on another day. Plus Mark isn't allowed Joel on a christmas day only boxing day until last year when he had been bad then she didn't want him there at all over christmas.
griff sorry you're feeling under the weather. Thanks for asking about the poppy selling.
I feel she w\as genuine but bit cheeky coming to the door unless they have changed the rules now. I have always known them to be shopping centres or outside shops never had anybody knock on the door before.
Plus her flippant remark about last year's poppy did make me a tad miffed.

We have something weird going on with our phone. It was working up till Wednesday evening Gorden rang and it kept crackling so we ended the call.
It rang ok. Anyway thursday it was dead so he got bt to check the line all fine. Our tele and internet are working ok.
We popped out and have bought new phones even though the displays are up on the old ones. Got in a message had been left on the answerphone but it all it did was crackle when i played it.
New phones charging and fingers crossed they work and the old phones have had it. If not it will be bt engineer call out and if the problem is with us we will be charged.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Thank you to Kazz for asking.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >