Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue and Kazz.

Yes Kazz it was a big decision to get another bernese after losing Ollie especially after all the problems that came to light at pm.
Dillon will be our last bernese possibly dog as we would like some time with not to many worries.
A lot go very early compared to other breeds then there are those that get into double figures 13, 14. Our breeders dogs live a good long life.
So we are hoping for a good long life with Dillon without to many worries.
I tend to over worry I think due to Max and Ollie.
Must admit it appears that my sisters sister in law and hubbyand their little boy do miss the personality Saskia.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Thank you Beseoker.
They certainly have big personalities Kazz.

Now since when have poppy sellers been knocking on your door ?
Popped next door to post Beth's birthday card through the door and got back to come in my door and some woman with a tray of poppies and a collection tin.
Now don't get me wrong I support our troops past and present but have never had anyone knock on the door before.
I have a ceramic poppy but always pop some money in a tin. I politely told her I have mine and she said it's not last years is it. I was a tad annoyed at that.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 05:33 PM
I would phone the British Legion or the police Lynn that sounds a tad odd to me as far as I know booking British Legion in at work for over 30 years they collect at set venues, shops, or trays left at points in banks etc. Never ever ever had a poppy seller at my door. And what difference is it if it is last years I wear a ceramic type poppy for and we have knittd poppys too knitted by my mom years ago. But we put money in the tin every year.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2017, 05:54 PM
I always thought the same Kazz they were in set places.
Might do that maybe contact the British legion.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Sent an email to British legion no mention of name of village or anything yet just asked the question are poppy sellers now knocking on doors ?

I will keep you posted.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Evening everyone,
Happy Birthday Dillon, what a gorgeous boy he is Lynn. To my knowledge poppy sellers don't do door knocking. If you don't get a reply I'll ask the people who stand in the doorway at our work. I'm there tomorrow. I would have been annoyed at that comment too
Griff glad you was ok yesterday and Happy belated Birthday, I'm sorry I didn't say it on the day.

Been very busy work wise just lately, last night I went in bath with my kindle.
I'm going to book Rosie in at the groomers, think she needs her anal glands sorting. And she needs a pamper
Catching up with Holby.
Went to SW this morning and lost 3lbs & that means I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks, nearly back to where I was before the op. Really pleased with that
Hope you all ok 2 & 4 legged
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Evening everyone,
Happy Birthday Dillon, what a gorgeous boy he is Lynn. To my knowledge poppy sellers don't do door knocking. If you don't get a reply I'll ask the people who stand in the doorway at our work. I'm there tomorrow. I would have been annoyed at that comment too
Griff glad you was ok yesterday and Happy belated Birthday, I'm sorry I didn't say it on the day.

Been very busy work wise just lately, last night I went in bath with my kindle.
I'm going to book Rosie in at the groomers, think she needs her anal glands sorting. And she needs a pamper
Catching up with Holby.
Went to SW this morning and lost 3lbs & that means I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks, nearly back to where I was before the op. Really pleased with that
Hope you all ok 2 & 4 legged
Thats a fantastic weight loss and a great moral boost. Well done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Well done Mandy.
Hope Rosie enjoys her pamper can't imagine she will enjoy her anal glands being done though but after they're done she will feel more comfortable.
Thank you for asking if you get the chance will be interesting to hear what they say.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Thank you Kazz, I'm really pleased with it
My aching has got less which is a good thing too, meaning I can get off checkout soon back to my proper job lol Think my muscles have gone back to normal finally, my Physio seems pleased with me. I start Hydro therapy a week tomorrow. Quite looking forward to that, everyone who I know who's had it says it really good.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2