Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday,28th October

Good morning everyone. Up early and feeling better this morning.

I hope everyone is feeling fine this morning. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased you are feeling better today. I would find a mobile dog groomer I am sure if you explain to them you are not sure how Amber will react they will ready for anything. They are no doubt used to dealing with frightened/difficult dogs.

Lovely pictures of the gorgeous Dillon. I especially like the one with his head poking through the back of the seat hoping you might just drop a bit for him

Enjoy your halloween party Griff I expect you will look good.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Misty here and quite cold. The only thing planned for today is mowing the lawn this afternoon. Think (hope) this is the last time for the year.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Good morning all

Good day here neither rain or shine; wind or hale, sun or snow, simply a bit overcast .

Moyra I think dog groomers are pretty much prepared for any personality of dog and I think you would be doing the right thing if thats what you want.Good interaction for Amber too. They also do nails so you may find they would be able to do that in time too.

Sue I am not sure this will be the last time this year its weird....weather I have my hosta back in flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and geraniums still going strong.Ordering mail order (first time for plants) some hardy garden chrysanthemums called Mrs Jessie Cooper, and also cactus dahlia called "Electric Flash" see how we go both delivered net year going to give it a go.

Actually think you have inspired me to do a little in the garden today.

Have a nice day all.
May do a little in
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone,
Very pleased you are feeling better Moyra
Hope it is the last time of mowing Sue, but with the weird weather we have just lately you never know lol
Kazz hope you enjoy the gardening

Well I'm at work at 2pm - boo
It's do nothing weather wise here
Rosie has had a mad 10 minutes chucking her toy about getting fluff everyone so will hover shortly and take her for a wander about
First finish my cup of tea
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Kazz and Mandy and those to follow.

Well what a change here weather wise it's turned very cold and breezy.
We are off out later to meet Michael and Margaret for coffee and cake and to get some nice winter plants for the trug outside the back door.
Plus maybe look for a log store Gorden has been lopping off branches off the annoying huge sycamores at the end of the garden where we park the cars. A lot branches have been shredded but some are a bit to big and will go on the wood burner after the flue has been swept beginning of December .
So a log store to keep them dry would be useful.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are all well and enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2017, 10:59 AM
I had a huge scare this morning when I dropped my camcorder and the battery would not stay in place.
First thoughts were well that is the camcorder now useless without a battery. That is going to cost a packet for a new one.
So held the battery in and everything worked but that was with taping the battery in place.

Panic set in do I try and find another housing? repair costs out of the question. Took a second look at the retaining lugs on the camcorder and they looked ok

Looked at the battery that was in it at the time and a huge sigh if relief, it was the battery retaining lugs that had broken as shown below.

The three lugs on the right broken , shoud be like the three on the left . I do have other spare batteries and the replacement one just £28, so i got away with it luckily
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Have a good day Lynn, enjoy the coffee & cake with Micheal & Margaret & the catch up too.
Tweed glad it wasn't totally broken
Right best carry on with the tidy up
I'll try & get on tonight when I finish work
Enjoy your day all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Good morning everyone,
Very pleased you are feeling better Moyra
Hope it is the last time of mowing Sue, but with the weird weather we have just lately you never know lol
Kazz hope you enjoy the gardening

Well I'm at work at 2pm - boo
It's do nothing weather wise here
Rosie has had a mad 10 minutes chucking her toy about getting fluff everyone so will hover shortly and take her for a wander about
First finish my cup of tea
Enjoy work.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, Sue, Kazz and Mandy and those to follow.

Well what a change here weather wise it's turned very cold and breezy.
We are off out later to meet Michael and Margaret for coffee and cake and to get some nice winter plants for the trug outside the back door.
Plus maybe look for a log store Gorden has been lopping off branches off the annoying huge sycamores at the end of the garden where we park the cars. A lot branches have been shredded but some are a bit to big and will go on the wood burner after the flue has been swept beginning of December .
So a log store to keep them dry would be useful.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are all well and enjoy your day whatever you are doing.
Happy shopping, and enjoy the coffee and cake.............
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
I had a huge scare this morning when I dropped my camcorder and the battery would not stay in place.
First thoughts were well that is the camcorder now useless without a battery. That is going to cost a packet for a new one.
So held the battery in and everything worked but that was with taping the battery in place.

Panic set in do I try and find another housing? repair costs out of the question. Took a second look at the retaining lugs on the camcorder and they looked ok

Looked at the battery that was in it at the time and a huge sigh if relief, it was the battery retaining lugs that had broken as shown below.

The three lugs on the right broken , shoud be like the three on the left . I do have other spare batteries and the replacement one just £28, so i got away with it luckily
Power tool panic alert there.............have to say I dropped the cordless screwdriver the other day and paniced I had broken it but hadn't.........butter finger spring to mind
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >