Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Kanie
You really shouldn't have to suffer all these symptoms,have you thought about changing your doctor.I wouldn't be with one if I thought they were a "bit useless" Its sad that you would love to start a family and are prevented from doing so.Have heard of cases among friends,who suffered like you,every month and they will say getting pregnant was the best thing they ever did.I know its a risk for you but there's always the chance that if you did get pregnant you may feel healthier than you ever did in your life.I wish you well
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I was sterilised after having Leon when I was 30 because I really didn't want any more children. However I got to my mid 30's and was having a lot of problems with heavy bleeding every fortnight. I had a hysterctomy at 37 and the best thing I ever did. I was a size 8, gradually have gone up in size, and I mourn the loss of my slim figure, but I no longer want to kill people, so that is a bonus!!!!!
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks Eileen, that's really kind. Everything in England seems to be about preventing pregnancy when it comes to advice on reproductive organs.............unless you want to have IVF, which I personally would never do anyway because I can't accept the premise of destroying life in the name of creating life.

As long as doctors have fitted you up with some kind of contraception they seem to have 'ticked the box' and feel their work is done...............until you hit your mid-30s and then they see it as their duty to scare you witless with tales of depleting egg reserves and try to make you an emotional slave to all sorts of fertility treatments.

I'm afraid if you just want to stop feeling like death warmed up every month enough to give you the energy to actually get out and meet a man or even feel you are able to work efficiently,it takes years of persistence to get any help. If you're not trying to avoid getting pregnant (I found keeping my knickers on was as good as anything) or desperate to conceive - you're just a nobody

I had to wait until I was walking down the road one day and within a matter of seconds, my jeans were soaked in blood right down to the knees! Lucky I was wearing a long coat!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Kanie,you most certainly are a somebody!! Most likely you have all the tests done but everything about your post screams,lack of iron to me.Have you been tested for that?
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I got the implant, in fact I had the old one removed Tuesday and a new one fitted. I've had no problems with it , for the first two years I had no period at all then went back to a lighter period in the third year.

I'm really bad at remembering to take pills so its a better opinion for me though I'm only using it because of heavy painful periods. I do recommend people try it does just depends on your fear of needles and injections though!
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
ive always been on microgynon 30 i guess its a 'mini' pill?

never had any problems doc always asks whether i want the implant when i go for a prescription but im a picker and if it freaked me out id pick it out dont like the thought of not being in control of what happens to my little bod pills you can take or not implant - yeuck!
Microgynon is a full pill not mini, mini pill is progesterone only where as the full pill will have two types of drug in it.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Kanie View Post

I had to wait until I was walking down the road one day and within a matter of seconds, my jeans were soaked in blood right down to the knees! Lucky I was wearing a long coat!
I have had this happen three times now but luckily every time it's happened I've been at home. In the time it's taken me to go from the sofa to the bathroom the blood has soaked me right through and I still have to spend a good 5 - 10 minutes in the shower waiting for it to stop. I also have huge clots that mean I have to rush to the bathroom to clear them or again the blood will soak through my clothes.

I'm actually paranoid to go out anywhere where there isn't a toilet nearby just in case. I'm supposed to be having blood tests that are to be taken on day three of my period. When I pointed out to the endocrinologist that I haven't not been on my period for three months he said if my period didn't stop just get them done anyway. That was 6 months ago so I have now been on for 9 months with almost daily cramping and no one seems to give a damn.
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I know just how you feel. I was getting huge clots too and they seemed to just come without warning. Once I started flooding really badly, my GP finally took note and booked me in for a scan. They found a large polyp which I had removed, but what really annoyed me was the consultant only really seemed to care about whether or not I was in a realtionship or using contraception!

I ended up explaining very slowly that I just wanted to get my life back first and then I'd start thinking about men i.e. when I wasn't so anaemic I looked like a ghost and was afraid to leave the house without dark jeans and a trench coat!

(I was definitely anaemic and even now, I make sure I eat lots of iron-rich foods)
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2013, 09:03 AM
I am 42 years old and have to consider a 'chemical' hysterectomy as my adenomyosis has kicked off again.

I am concerned as I do need to lose some weight (approx. 4 stone) and not sure quite what to expect other than hot flushes. So feeling very nervous...

Wishing you the very best of luck with what you decide
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2