Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-03-2015, 05:22 PM

Artie - 8 year old male Greyhound

Let us introduce you to Artie who is a really lovely black boy, just 8 years young and measuring 28" to the shoulder. He was no longer wanted or needed by his trainer so was yet another greyhound left on the 'unwanted' pile and now is seeking to find his loving forever home.

Key Points: VERY friendly and affectionate, eager to please, inquisitive, LOVES people, really fun boy who loves to play with balls and soft toys, is very clean and asks to go out, confident, loves treats! Can pull slightly on lead at first but soon settles, can be left for up to 3 hours and is non destructive.

~ Personality ~

Artie is an endearing boy who just wants to be loved, in fact he is so endearing just looking at him makes you want to hug him! He is a really fun greyhound who can play fetch and who also likes to collect his toys together and then sleep on them! He has stolen the hearts of his foster family as he just asks for cuddles 24/7 and is now ready for his very own family

~ In the Home ~
Artie is very clean and will wait by the door when he needs to go out. He eats well and sleeps well through the night and can be left for up to 3 hours with no issues. He loves guests and will love them even more if they play fetch with him and of course give endless tickles and cuddles!

~ Other Animals ~
Artie can be nervous with other males and this tends to manifest itself as a grumble so he's happier to be in the company of girls or really soft non-threatening males. He now plays really nicely with the two male dogs he shares his foster home with and there are no issues whatsoever. Artie hasn't met any small dogs as yet but a small dog test can be arranged upon request. Unfortunately Artie cannot live with cats.

~ Out and About ~
Artie loves his walks and simply just being with you but his zest for life and being in the exciting 'great outdoors' can result in him pulling a little at first, so we recommend using a non-pull harness which our behaviourist can recommend to you as well as support with ongoing training. Like most greyhounds Artie will be content with two 30 minute walks a day and is currently loving running around in the garden and playing so a safe garden is a must.

~ Greyhounds as Pets ~>
In general greyhounds are calm, mannerly dogs that are well used to being handled. They can fit very well in to a wide range of different lifestyles and usually adjust to the home life very quickly. Their soft, easy going nature often makes them ideal to live in a family environment, while their love of lazing around and low exercise requirements can make them perfect for the retired. Greyhounds also don’t shed as much as other more popular dog breeds and this can make them suitable to live with allergy sufferers.

~ Where Can I Live ~
We feel Artie would perhaps like to share a home with a quiet female and a family who will play with him and continue with his ongoing basic training. He really is a truly gorgeous boy and will make a lucky family a sweet, fun companion. He would also love a home where he is allowed to cuddle with you on the settee as he rather considers himself smaller than he is and will sometimes try and sit on your lap!! He can be homed anywhere in the UK provided we have a home checker available, but please note that you will be required to travel to Norfolk to meet and collect him. Please also note we do NOT home dogs to families with children under the age of 8 years.

~ Where Am I? ~
Artie is currently in a foster home in Norfolk.

~ Want To Adopt Me? ~
Artie is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, deflead and wormed and a home check will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in adopting Artie, you can contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There are application forms for adopting and fostering a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill the relevant one in as the first step in the adoption/fostering process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the forms, as well as further information on our homing & fostering procedures, on either the Adoption Page or Fostering Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KGUK Trustee & Homing Officer
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Artie is sadly still looking for his forever home. This lovely, cuddly boy would love a family of hiis own to love, please give his above profile a read to see if he’s right for you. It has recently been updated.

If you are interested in adopting Artie, please contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk, or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There is an application form for adopting a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill it in as the first step in the adoption process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the form, as well as further information on our homing procedures, on the Adoption Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KGUK Trustee and Homing Officer
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2015, 11:05 AM
A very dapper Artie at the KGUK Sponsored Dog Walk.

If you are interested in adopting Artie, please contact me (Bronwen) via email: bronwen@kerrygreyhounds.co.uk, or you can speak to me directly by phoning: 075 000 62648.

There is an application form for adopting a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill it in as the first step in the adoption process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the form, as well as further information on our homing procedures, on the Adoption Page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Artie enjoying a swim but as you can see is inseparable for his ball

There is an application form for adopting a Kerry Greyhound, and we will ask you to fill it in as the first step in the adoption process. To speed up this process, we recommend you do this before emailing/calling. You can find the form, as well as further information on our homing procedures, on the Adopt a Kerry Greyhound page.

Thank you.
Bronwen
Jas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Would really love to adopt him he looks like a beautiful boy. If only my circumstances were different. Good luck Artie x