Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon is Always up for tug of war Harvey .
Is there a particular time when he wants to get you into 'tug of war' games

With Rianna in the summer it was always after her evening meal and before sunset.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Bernese are herding and draught dogs originally aren't they, so I can see them not being ball orientated gene wise.
Yeah there's a lot of noise and Zen squealing as well, Lona and Mabs stand and watch. No blood spilt, not a mark on either of them, so its all wind and water. Not having Kesh kicking off like that just because I am scratching her mother's head though. There is a line, and if she steps over it then she can expect trouble, lucky the coal shovel was handy really
Hoping Dillon's foot feels better now he's had his meds, poor boy its a shame for him, must be sore if he's had a grumble at you.
Nikki, lots of hugs, must have been a hard day. Have you had any contact with the buyer of the house so you can gauge what sort of person he is. With any luck he will be down to earth and understanding, and I am sure he will have noticed the memorial on his way round the house and garden.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
There's been a lot of thefts recently, WOOD those logs be hot I wonder Better inform the Police who will get special BRANCH involved and soon get to the ROOT of the problem.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Don't know who tells the worst jokes, Harvey, you or Barry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Ha ha joke off between Harvey and Barry.
Bernese were bred to be an all purpose farm dog June. As you say herding, cattle mainly and draught work and protecting the herds by being a watchdog not a guard dog. Just to alert you there is something lurking that shouldn't be. We see this sometimes come out in Dillon especially at night. At times we have to go out and walk the perimeter with him before he will settle.
When we sometimes meet at Brancaster there is a Swiss lady there think she has two now and her OH said about a Bernese before they owned one and she remarked why would we want a common farm dog ? She had no idea that they are revered here by a nutty few.
He seems to of settled now with the paw so the previcox must of kicked in.
Something else to worry about.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Bernese were bred to be an all purpose farm dog June. As you say herding, cattle mainly and draught work and protecting the herds by being a watchdog not a guard dog. Just to alert you there is something lurking that shouldn't be. We see this sometimes come out in Dillon especially at night. At times we have to go out and walk the perimeter with him before he will settle.
Used to get that with Baruska and Rianna, buried in the middle of a forrest, nightime all the various creatures would come out and Baruska would bark and not settle until one of us had been out to her. Rianna it was mostly humans and not many of them especially at night.

I'm pleased the Previcox has worked, I'm sure that Casey was on that with his leg has to given with food if I remember correctly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No blood spilt, not a mark on either of them, so its all wind and water.
A lot of people don't understand just how 'precise' these big dogs can be with their jaws.

I once rushed up to Baruska and disturbed her from a deep sleep and she thought something was attacking her, reacted like a coiled spring and had her jaws across my arm, she could easily have had my arm off but in fact didn't puncture the skin at all. (There was a big bruise 'tho )

Well I'm off to bed, goodnight all, see you tomorrow I hope.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Been out and checked a few times,there hasn't been a murmer, but thought it best to keep an eye on them. Zen is now in the little kennel, and been there most of the night (something for ME to look forward to in the morning OMG) and the others are in the big house. Very heavy rain here, maybe they've decided to declare a truce till the weather picks up
Going to get their brekkies done and then off for a soak. Very stiff and sore today, Zen went on the park and it was torrential rain, took Cariad and Lona a quick walk round, by then it had stopped, Mabs and Kesh got the full walk, came back all muddy but happy. I wasn't so happy, Mabs hid her ball and it was up a muddy embankment, no way was I scrambling up there and more than likely slip on the way down. She wouldn't go and get it like she usually does, and I thought well it can stay there, not prepared to do myself an injury for it.
Hoping we get a better day tomorrow, am nearly out of shavings after almost 4 days of constant heavy rain, was hoping they'd last till next week but hardly any left now
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3