Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rhianna
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:22 PM

Goodbye Pixie

My eldest son Jack has an Orange roan calle d Pixie she was 23 months old, he loved this dog took her training and was due to show her this comeing Saturday.
Pixie slept with jack watched Tv with him they we togeather all the time, when Jack wa sat school she would wimper for him.
Tragically on Sunday morning I was woken to Jack screaming Mum Mum Pixie is dead, my husbund and I jumped out of bed and ran down stairs to the kitchen.
Pixie was dead on the kitchen floor, she must have gone down in the night for a drink she had passed away some time due to how she looked.
Jack is devestaed we all are.
Peopel at the dog club would say you dont know where dog starts and boy begins, as his mum I feel helpless I can say and do nothing to ease his pain,my poor darling is heart broken and he is only 10.
The vet have no explination to what happened it was a massive heart attack ina seamling healthy dog.
Please cherish your pets as we never know how long we are lent them.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
So sorry for your family especially Jack

Run free Pixie
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm so sorry, it must be so heartbreaking I have 4 orange roans, my eldest is 6 and it makes me feel physically sick at the thought of any of them leaving me, your poor girl was so young

Run free little Pixie

Take care
Sharon
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:34 PM
We all know that Pixie will run free at Rainbow Bridge, I hope that you can explain it to Jack to help ease his suffering.

My thoughts are with all of you, I am so sorry.
Carole
Supervisor

02-08-2005, 08:43 PM
so sorry to hear about Pixie thinking of you all
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
sp sorry for your sad loss run free at the bridge little pixie
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Poor jack, it is one of the hardest parts of been a mom explaining when loved ones pass away, i truly feel for you and your family, run free little one. Big hugs hun. xxxxxxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm so so sorry Rhianna to hear about poor Pixie what a terrible shock for Jack, he must be devastated. Please give him a big hug from all of us at dogweb and one for yourself too ((((((((((BIG HUGS TO JACK AND RHIANNA)))))

Play with my Sabre at Rainbow bridge Pixie, he will look after you
Meg
Supervisor

02-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Rhianna
Peopel at the dog club would say you dont know where dog starts and boy begins, as his mum I feel helpless I can say and do nothing to ease his pain,my poor darling is heart broken and he is only 10.
The vet have no explination to what happened it was a massive heart attack ina seamling healthy dog.
Please cherish your pets as we never know how long we are lent them.
Rhianna that is so sad..I am so sorry to hear that...your poor little boy. Sadly as with humans sudden deaths in dogs can happen .....
How can you help him? You are probably already aware that with all kinds of bereavement involving children it is a good thing to encourage them to talk about it whenever they wish, and to cry and express their emotions. Perhaps you can plant a shrub or tree to remember the little dog..a small Rowan tree perhaps with the lovely berries and golden leaves in the autumn ...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh Rhianna,

That's awful, I feel for Jack, I really do. Especially him having to find her

I don't know what I'd do if one of ours died just like that.

She was so young, it just wasn't fair. And so sad that they were so close too.

Of course, nothing or nobody can replace poor Pixie and Jack must be having such a hard time coming to terms with it and understanding why a happy, healthy young dog could just go like that.
I sincerely hope that Jack manages to get over this as quickly as possible but obviously it's important for him to grieve at his own pace.

Tell him from me though, I think it's extremely commendable for a 10 year old to be so responsible in training and caring for his dog.

I hope he can look back on the happy memories and not the sad ones.

Keep your chin up Jack.
Lottie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >