Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
well we are the odd ones out this year by the sounds of things, we are small numbers this year only 10 of us for xmas day = (usually 25!!!) so me and my mum who usually have to do cooking decided to take a lovely day off and we are ordering a Duck banquet from the Chinese Restaurant, !!!! perfect LOL None of us like turkey that much so no one really going to miss it, and we have a big roast dinner the following week for new years as its my Nonnas birthday on Hogmanay !!
Chinese on Christmas day... Can I join you?!?!?!?!!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2011, 12:13 PM
My husband is the sort who'd be whining that he's not STILL eating turkey sandwiches days after Christmas, long after turkey fatigue's set in for the rest of the planet - so turkey and all the trimmings for us to feed his festive turkey sandwich leftover habit.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2011, 09:24 PM
We're having a lovely beef fillet joint that we collected from our award winning local butcher today. Also ordered some ham as well that we'll have during the week. I'm not a fan of turkey!

Just the three of us and the dogs. Exactly the way I like it! Peace, perfect peace.

Dogs will get their share of Christmas dinner too, of course!

Enjoy your Christmasses, everyone. xx
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Turkey crown & a duck will also cook beef for Boxing day. I've just prepped all the veg potatoes & parsnips for roasting, carrots, mange tout, baby sweet corn, carrots, broccoli, & sprouts. Then choice of Christmas pud, mince pies or trifle for pud. Hope I've got room for it all.

Enjoy your day everyone. xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm vegetarian so it will be mushroom and madeira pie for me. I had an awful job getting a turkey yesterday (yes I know I shouldn't have left it so late!) as some shops were sold out, Sainsbury's were £60, local butcher's were £70 and I couldn't afford that though I did really want a free-range one.

I went to Waitrose late last night and they had some reduced so I got a huge one for £30 reduced from £42 so I was quite pleased with that. It wasn't free-range but I think they do use ethical suppliers so not as bad as some (ie I would not buy Bernard Matthews though they are local to me).

Enjoy your meals everyone-whatever you're having.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Turkey and roast loin of pork here along with all the trimmings.

Whatever you are having enjoy.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2011, 02:23 AM
We're going to be having roast gammon joint with honey and mustard glaze, because muggins here forgot to take the chicken we were supposed to be having out of the freezer. At least the gammon was in the fridge so we have something safe to cook.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Turkey and beef with all the trimmings

I don't like turkey, so that's why I cook the beef x
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2011, 03:27 PM
None I am a vegetarian. Mum dad and aunt will have turkey,snack tonight and bubble and squeak boxing day.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2011, 04:18 PM
On my own today so only myself to cook for but i am having Beef brisket, baked potato and Brussels sprouts and a nice glass of baileys. Daughter coming tomorrow so will do a Christmas dinner but having chicken as neither of us like turkey that much. X
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4