18-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Phew, thank goodness for that

You can say that again
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I can remember finding one like that years ago in the loo. I went out and locked the bathroom door. I know, I know, stupid but it made sense to me
The embarrassing thing really though is that I used my baby sons potty for the rest of the day
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Glad Chris got home and dealt with it for you, and nooooo I don't want to imagine you reaching for the bog roll!!! I'd have died on the spot!

I remember once coming back from the stables, I walked across the kitchen, put kettle on, and felt something scratchy on my neck, which I thought was a bit of hay, so I just brushed it off with my hand.......... only to see the biggest tarantula (well, it was huuuge!!!) land on the worktop and hide behind the tea caddy!!! That totally freaked me out and I collapsed in a heap on the floor, the mere thought of that thing being on my neck, and body for how long??? Oh I hate them with a passion!

Then there was the time I was riding out with a friend, I was in front of her, ducking under some low branches, and she says to me "do you mind spiders H?" So I asked her why, and then wished I hadn't coz she said I had a humungous one on my back, you don't want to know what happened next!!!! Some friend hey!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I can remember finding one like that years ago in the loo. I went out and locked the bathroom door. I know, I know, stupid but it made sense to me
The embarrassing thing really though is that I used my baby sons potty for the rest of the day

Welllllll it was coming to that....I was thinking what I could use...I have a big plastic jug that I use for gravy...mmmmm I thought, no one would ever know. And I can always bleach it. Helena's thermometer springs to mind

Elaine xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad Chris got home and dealt with it for you, and nooooo I don't want to imagine you reaching for the bog roll!!! I'd have died on the spot!

I remember once coming back from the stables, I walked across the kitchen, put kettle on, and felt something scratchy on my neck, which I thought was a bit of hay, so I just brushed it off with my hand.......... only to see the biggest tarantula (well, it was huuuge!!!) land on the worktop and hide behind the tea caddy!!! That totally freaked me out and I collapsed in a heap on the floor, the mere thought of that thing being on my neck, and body for how long??? Oh I hate them with a passion!

Then there was the time I was riding out with a friend, I was in front of her, ducking under some low branches, and she says to me "do you mind spiders H?" So I asked her why, and then wished I hadn't coz she said I had a humungous one on my back, you don't want to know what happened next!!!! Some friend hey!!!!
Oh you and me both nasty little beasties, or big ones depending on your perspective
UGHHHHHHHH shudder, shudder, shudder
Elaine xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i once had a shower with a giant spider, was standing in the shower in my mum and dads house in Italy, had just stuck shampoo in my bum length hair, and looked up and there was a GIGANTIC hairy spider stepping over the rings on the shower curtain ( YES IT WAS SO BIG IT COULD STEP OVER THEM).

I thought to myself will just rinse my hair and get out of here pronto - as i felt something land on my head - started freaking out ripped back the shower curtain, screaming, heard my OH come pounding down the stairs thinking i was getting murdered, he arrived just as I wrapped the towel round me and looked to make sure it was gone - looked down to see GIGANTIC SPIDER looking at me from the safety of the towel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dropped towel and bolted naked out of the bathroom with my OH p**ing himself laughing until he followed and walloped his head on the beam that you had to remember to duck when you exit bathroom !!! felt much better after that !! LOL
little spiders I can live with, even quite big spiders im cool with, but somit big enough to step over curtain rings.....feck off, more so as it pounced at you,....I would have been outa there as well......

im sure it was shaza?? on here put a photo up of one in her pool in spain it was bloody mahoosive
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Welllllll it was coming to that....I was thinking what I could use...I have a big plastic jug that I use for gravy...mmmmm I thought, no one would ever know. And I can always bleach it. Helena's thermometer springs to mind

Elaine xxxx
PMSL remind me not to have gravy at your house
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Holy crap!!!!! How did you take that pic?????? I swear the b*****d is winking at ya!!!!! I'd have been miles down the road by now. I can't believe how big the spiders are in the U.K.
When I first moved here, I used to sit on the hearth in front of mum and dad's electric fire until I saw a 'tarantula' doing the limbo as it came out from under the fire one day! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, never again
PMSL at Dani's story of the one stepping over the rings on the shower curtain. Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:09 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Elaine next time you show a pic of a spider.....please warn me
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Holy crap!!!!! How did you take that pic?????? I swear the b*****d is winking at ya!!!!! I'd have been miles down the road by now. I can't believe how big the spiders are in the U.K.
When I first moved here, I used to sit on the hearth in front of mum and dad's electric fire until I saw a 'tarantula' doing the limbo as it came out from under the fire one day! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, never again
PMSL at Dani's story of the one stepping over the rings on the shower curtain. Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!
Well! I used chris' beloved SLR camera so put the biggest bloody lens on it that I could find. crouched about 3 ft from it, keeping an eye on it all the time. I was crapping it I can tell you, but I thought "if I am having a heart attack over this monster then why not you lot too" he he

I managed to point the camera in the general direction and clicked and fled

Elaine xxx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >