Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kellievangie_23
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:51 PM

Sebaceous Cyst

My beagle has a sebaceous cyst on his stomach it's small but i was wondering if it's necessary to pop it or get it removed at the vet if the sebaceous cyst is going to come back...... like is there a way how to home treat sebaceous cyst because i just got braces two weeks ago and it cost about $4,000 and i notice the sebaceous cyst three days ago, i called my vet how much it would cost to get it removed my vet said about $400......... ughh what should i do?
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Im not an expert but i would take the dog to the vet as it could be deeper than you think and also i suspect painful to pop it, also the risk of infection is another problem if you try a DIY job. One of my dogs had one on his back end above his back leg in a meaty area, which in view of his age the vet said to leave for a while, but it burst and made a mess with goo pouring out, so we had to get it removed by him and with stitching etc it never returned.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:05 PM
One of my dogs, Bo (Slovak Pointer, 2 years old) had a sebaceous cyst surgically removed last November. Hers was quite a large one and was on her shoulder. We took her to our vets and the vet suggested leaving it for several weeks to see if shrank in size. It didn't shrink, so rather than go through the process of taking a sample and getting it biopsied, our vet suggested getting it removed. So, we did and a week later she had it off.

I don't know about your dog, but mine is insured, so I only paid around £80 excess -- the rest was paid by my insurance company.

I'm afraid you'll have to take your vets advice on this one. If they suggest getting it removed, then you'll have to get it removed. If it is small they may be able to drain it, but I don't know. Make an appointment and ask them.
kellievangie_23
New Member!
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:56 PM
thanks bullys4ever and labradork
okay so the sebaceous cyst on my dog shirk a little bit more so im planing to wait for two more days so see if the cyst gets smaller if not then i'll take him to the vet.... THANK YOU for the tips and sharing your stories it means a lot to me thanks (:
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks and your very welcome..good luck with you beagle i hope you get sorted ok.
kellievangie_23
New Member!
Female 

03-07-2011, 01:18 AM
UPDATE (:
i took Iceyee to the vet last week and the vet told me that the cyst seems to be shirking fast so we didn't need to get the cyst remove it should go away 2-4 weeks from now .... i VERY grateful for the good news. the cyst is getting smaller everyday (:
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Glad to hear it.