Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi SB

As I wrote above Luna has eaten her breeakfast today and I'm walking some longer (and more often) longer walks these days where I'm off work. But from friday I'm going to work again and can "only" give her 3 long walks a day, but she should be distracted quite a bit as my friend Kamille (Bella's owner) is coming home and will take Luna during the day. She has a 4½ year old girl Rebecca who just adores Luna (and Luna is crazy about her), and they haven't seen eacother in almost 2 weeks, so it could be an intens friday

Jeanette
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I didn't realize it was stressful. My aunt who's dog had it lives in Texas, and she gave me a funny description of it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Well from what I've heard these last couple of days, it differs a lot. Luna is mild thank god!!!!!

I seem to recall my mother telling me that Bonnie, the dog they had at home around the time of me leaving home, were nesting. They moved once in the middle of a false pregnancy and Bonnie forgot her "puppies" and didn't suffer from false pregnany again!

Very strange.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi its me again

Luna has kind of leaked a bit - not much, but there is a wet stain on her blanket in her basket. She licks herself a lot and have done the last days. It smells a bit fishy.

Still no nesting or mistaking toys for puppies.

Should I be worried? Don't really wanna call the vet unless necessary as I haven't followed her advice (she prescribed meds).

Oh forgot to say, several times a day (not everytime!) when sitting down she sits on her bum - not supported by the hindlegs at all but on the a... it self, if that makes any sense!

Just talked to the breeder.. Luna's mother, Rikke, also has a phantom pregnancy before, but Lars, the breeder, don't think it was in such a young age as Luna.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi Jeanette, sorry about leaving earlier while in chat but I had unexpected visitors.

Have you phoned your vet for advice yet?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi Carole

Oh it's okay.

No not since I went there monday. But I think I'll call him tomorrow. She hasn't "leaked" since that one spot I found on her blanket.

The most annoying thing right now is that she is whining everytime she sees Oliver, the cat. I don't know why, but my guess is she sees him as a puppy. She has never whined at him before.
Meg
Supervisor

04-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi Bellaluna May I make a couple of observations? I would seriously consider having Bella spayed. I understand false pregnancies are caused by hormone imbalance and bitches who have one false pregnancies usually go on to have more. Also they have an increased risk of pyometra.
I normally have bitches spayed not wishing to breed but Tilly came to me from an old lady and I was unsure of her age but thought she was about three . Anyway Tilly had a season and I intended having her speyed midway between two seasons, this is thought to be the best time. Eight weeks after the season she had a false pregnancy, the lady I got her from said she had them before and a couple of weeks later Tilly had a closed pyometra. I had seen the condition twice before, once in Bunny who had a hysterectomy and was fine and in a Champion bitch who died. Tilly had no symptoms but I knew something was wrong,the vet operated and she died on he operating table.I went home with a huge bill and the dog lead.
You say your vet spoke of spaying? I would talk to her again about it, you would also have the added benifit of decreasing the chances of mammary tumors in Bella.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Hi Mini

Well of course you may come with observations. I'll just have to correct you a bit though my dog is named Luna (my friends dog is Bella)

Luna has only had oone season so the vet said we should wait and she how the second season went, and if it continues then I should seriously consider spaying. And I will.....

But I really would have liked to have a litter and keep a puppy from her. Not so much that I would let her "suffer", but I'm going to see what the next season brings or hopefully doesn't bring. Her mother had one false pregnancy and that was when she was 2 or 3 years old and haven't had more than the one.
Meg
Supervisor

04-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi Bellaluna O yes she is very young, I hope you manage to get your litter still 'forewarned is forearmed' as they say and you will know to keep a watchful eye on her. I would hate you to have the experience I had with Tilly and the others
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Think (hope) Luna's gettin better. Right now she is goofing around with a 1/4 of a chewing bone. She picks it up and throws it out and runs/jumps after it. It just looks so funny

But she hasn't eaten much today She's drinking water, so is lacking that at least.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >