Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:17 AM

Lydia ~ Very Striking, Friendly Girl - 2yo Fawn Greyhound

LYDIA

Lydia is an absolutely stunning ex-racing greyhound girl who has just celebrated her 2nd birthday. Lydia has a beautiful light fawn coat that is in lovely condition. She has black mascara-like markings around her eyes that are really set off by her light coloured coat and big amber eyes. In short, this girl is quite the catch!

~ Personality ~
Lydia is friendly and affectionate with everyone, and adores getting fussed over. She enjoys getting ear scratches and is attentive to her people. So far she has been nice and relaxed in our kennels and has taken the changeover in her stride. We will update with her progress once we get to know her a little bit better.

~ Other Animals ~
Lydia enjoys the company of other dogs and is polite upon greeting them. She is good with dogs of all sizes and could fit nicely into a home with another dog already present. She has not been tested with cats yet, but this will be carried out very soon.

~ In the Home ~
Dear Lydia has not yet been in a home environment, so new owners will need to be a bit patient during the first couple of weeks and allow her time to learn the house rules. It generally takes 10-14 days for new greyhounds to start to settle down in a home, and really all they need is a bit of time and patience.

~ Out and About ~
Lydia enjoys her walks and likes getting to explore the world. As with most greyhounds, Lydia will not need a huge amount of exercise. She will be content with two 30min walks a day and perhaps a chance to stretch her legs offlead in a secure area once or twice a week. She walks good on the lead and travels nicely in the car.

~ Greyhounds as Pets ~
In general greyhounds are calm, mannerly dogs that are well used to being handled. They can fit very well in to a wide range of different lifestyles and usually adjust to the home life very quickly. Their soft, easy going nature often makes them ideal to live in a family with children, while their love of lazing around and low exercise requirements can make them perfect for the elderly. Greyhounds also don’t shed as much as other more popular dog breeds and this can make them suitable to live with allergy sufferers.

~ Where Am I? ~
Lydia is currently in kennels in Norfolk, UK. She can be homed anywhere in the UK, but please note that you will be required to travel to meet and collect her.

~ Want To Adopt Me? ~
Lydia is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd and wormed and a homecheck will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in adopting or short-term fostering Lydia, please email me for our adoption application form and information pack. Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs. Thanks!

~~ KERRY GREYHOUND CONNECTION ~~

Kerry Greyhound Connection is a small voluntary organisation that has bases in Co. Kerry, Ireland and Norfolk, England. It operates through a network of volunteers spaced over Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. We can look after approximately 70 greyhounds at any one time, in Ireland and the UK.

Each dog is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, and given a full veterinary check before being adopted.
We assess the suitability of all home offers, and we have homed greyhounds in Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and the USA.

If interested in one of our hounds, please EMAIL me for our adoption application form and information pack. Once you have filled in and returned the application form, we will then telephone you to discuss adopting one of our hounds in more detail.

I can be contacted through the following email:
Email:
Emails are usually replied to within 24hrs.

Thank you.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 11:43 AM
She looks amazing, I so wish I could have another dog.
Closed Thread